Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Flash Intel retail motherboard BIOS with custom microcodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm planning buying a used Intel DG41MJ motherboard and modding it to use a 771 xeon but bios format is *.bio. I don't know Intel motherboard manufacturer (think they just have their own bios..) and I don't know how to upgrade the latest bios *.bio file with updated microcodes.

I started watching this video, then reading this guide, but I can't find informations about Intel retail motherboards or about their BIOS type or about a tool to flash their BIOS. I tried simply changing format (for these type of files the format should act simply as a container so I should be able to rename them using *.ISO or *.IMG too without problems) but the phoenix tool I first used just freezes (I mean it doesn't actually freeze because I can move the window without problems or alerts but it just takes forever..) and then I used the AMI tool but renaming the bios file using the *.BIN format and loading it doesn't work too.. help?

edit so, after a lot of researches I discovered that the .bio file is a special archive made by intel where you can find the main BIOS and other stuff. the problem here is extracting the bios and making it readable by a mod tool. It is possible for AMI bios built in in bio update files but the motherboard I want to buy seems to have a phoenix bios bult in the bio file so I probably can't do anything :/ if you are interested I edited my post on a subreddit here explaining what I discovered (hope it is not spam). I'm stuck and probably no one can help me :/