Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request :PIPO X10 custom logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is my original bios dumped with intel FPTw.

[attachment=11006]

here is the logo i want

[attachment=11007]

I would like to just have a black logo to replace the pipo logo. I tried with uefitool but the machine will not boot after i flash the bios. I recovered it using external programmer.

Thank you.
by the way i followd this guide with no succes on the pipo x10 but great succes on pipo x9
(08-17-2016, 03:31 PM)pr0cess0r Wrote: [ -> ]by the way i followd this guide with no succes on the pipo x10 but great succes on pipo x9

Try this one > [attachment=11008] I replaced the old one with the plain black one

Considering that you have an external programmer there is really no risk i guess lol.

the X10 uses AMI Aptio V and the X9 probably uses AMI Aptio IV. These guides were all designed for Aptio IV so that could explain why it's not working on your X10
Thank you for the help but same result it flash correctly using this command.

Code:
@echo off
if "%~d0"=="" goto DIR_CHANGED
%~d0
cd %~dp0
:DIR_CHANGED
FPTW.EXE -f px10splash.bin
shutdown -r -t  0
When it reboot you see windows rebooting then it hang there with the red power light on but do nothing.

If i force it off and turn it on again now it have no power led and i can hear the fan running.

Is there any info i can provide to you using a tool to get more info about the hardware?
Recovery in progress!

[attachment=11009]
What i dont uderstand its the same GUID ans when i extract the body its the actual image i want to replace so it must be some type of protection i dont know.
(08-18-2016, 07:13 AM)pr0cess0r Wrote: [ -> ]What i dont uderstand its the same GUID ans when i extract the body its the actual image i want to replace so it must be some type of protection i dont know.

Just as a test, what happens when you flash the original bios .bin file you provided with fptw? Does it also cause a brick or not?
no if i flash the original bios it work
i briked 2 pipo X10 and only have the bios backup of one machine. Now i try to restore this bios to the other machine to see if it work. If not i think the bios is signed to match the chipset or cpu.
i flashed the bios file from one machine to the other with succes. So there is something happening when modify the bios that it dont like.
Pages: 1 2