Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Dell Precision A15 BIOS Unlock/Whitelist device GTX880M GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, so I got a Dell Precision M6600 Workstation that has an on and off faulty GPU. So, I ended up buying a GTX880M GPU to replace it. The problem is apparently the GTX880M is not supported, shows as Unknown Device in Bios but gives the correct amount of ram (8gb). The machine posts and attempts to load windows 10 (win logo appears but nothing else happens) it just freezes to which point I have to restart. So, Windows 10 does not boot at all.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but this would be a BIOS problem correct? (Reason why I'm wanting to mod BIOS)

I appreciate any and all help to try and figure this out!

Intel Core i7-2820QM 2.30GHz 32GB RAM
My graphics card died, and I have bought a replacement.  Guess what, it's compatible, but not on the whitelist.

Could someone please take a look at removing the whitelist, or adding an Nvidia Quadro K3100M to it?

The latest bios from Dell is here:  http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01772111...600A15.exe

I will try to provide any other information that may be required.

Thanks,

G
(08-27-2016, 04:31 PM)Lezayr Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, so I got a Dell Precision M6600 Workstation that has an on and off faulty GPU. So, I ended up buying a GTX880M GPU to replace it. The problem is apparently the GTX880M is not supported, shows as Unknown Device in Bios but gives the correct amount of ram (8gb). The machine posts and attempts to load windows 10 (win logo appears but nothing else happens) it just freezes to which point I have to restart. So, Windows 10 does not boot at all.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but this would be a BIOS problem correct? (Reason why I'm wanting to mod BIOS)

I appreciate any and all help to try and figure this out!

Intel Core i7-2820QM 2.30GHz 32GB RAM

Hey man,

Don't know if you're still active, but I'm in the SAME exact boat. Same card, same laptop. Did you ever have a resolution? Oddly enough, there's a company called Eurocom actually appears to sell this model laptop with a GTX 970m pre-installed. If this is true, there must be a way around Dell's BIOS lockdown.

Any responses appreciated. Smile
I'm sorry, I was wrong)