Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Solved] Acer v3-772g InsydeH2O bios bricked. Recovery doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-12-2017, 11:54 AM)wasseruhr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, my name is Tobias,

yesterday I tried to reflash this (Biosbackup.bin) modified bios BDMaster made for me a few years ago.
I used the windows interface to flash the bios but unfortunately the screen completely freezed and an error similar to  this one showed up: "Unable to flash bios, no permissions"...

I turned of the Laptop, removed the battery and tried restart it... But nothing... No fan, not even the power indicator LED on the power button turned on. Just a black screen.
After that I tried to reflash the bios by emergency mode, but that was unpossible because there is no power on the USB port.

The last option I´ve known was to use my CH341 EEPROM programmer with SOIC-8 Clip. I completely disassembled the laptop, connected the clip to the bios chip and reflashed the bios. Unfortunatelly it´s still not working, the laptop looks like being dead...

The Bios chip is this one: MXIC MX 25L1673E M2I-10G, SOIC-8, 16MBit SPI Flash.
It has a capacity of 2MB but the BIOS rom a capacity of 4MB. I did a lil bit of research and found out that on this 4MB ROM could be also be in additon stored the intel ME (management interface) with 2MB of storage...  How can I remove this from the BIOS rom? Otherwise I´ll never be able to reflash the Bios properly.

What am I doing wrong? ;(

Hopefully someone can give me a lil tip to revive my laptop (Acer V3-772g-747a161TBDWakk) Undecided

Wish all of you an amazing day!

Tobias

EDIT: I recently found out that there is a MXIC MX 25L3273E M2I-10G, SOIC-8, 32MBit SPI Flash BIOS chip on the back side of the motherboard... This one has a capacity of 4MB´s... Probably this is the one I need to reflash... I´ll update this as soon as I reflashed it...

EDIT2: Could this second (2MB) BIOS Chip be for redundancy? Does that make sense?  ?
Hi
use SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip and make damp (all chip)
Hi there sorry for my bad English. Can you please help me. l have disabled something in the advanced tab now laptop only spins its fan and screen is completely dark. the laptop even turns itself on when is connected to power. L have tried to reflash with ch341 but everything is the same only black screen. Please help
(08-11-2021, 02:30 PM)kosac Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there sorry for my bad English. Can you please help me. l have disabled something in the advanced tab now laptop only spins its fan and screen is completely dark. the laptop even turns itself on when is connected to power. L have tried to reflash with ch341 but everything is the same only black screen. Please help
Hi
need your damaged dump
Hi,
my Bios is bricked and i have no backup. I have an TL866 Plus flasher. How i become a Recovery Bios? The FD File from Acer is to big for the flash.
Maybe anyone have a sulution for me?

Thank you
(12-24-2021, 07:52 AM)datom84 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
my Bios is bricked and i have no backup. I have an TL866 Plus flasher. How i become a Recovery Bios? The FD File from Acer is to big for the flash.
Maybe anyone have a sulution for me?

Thank you
Hi
Need your damaged dump
Check your PM
Pages: 1 2