Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Optiplex 980 sff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

is there a bios or could you make a bios for Dell Optiplex 980 (MB0106 0C522T) that allows me to use the Xeon cpu's?
That way I could use the less costly xeons with a small modification on my lga1156 mb, instead of the i7-875K...

I see there is a bios for other optiplex https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-O...-Microcode

Regards
Beleg
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Here are some pictures of CPU-Z Smile
OK. Did you tried to boot your system with Xeon?
(09-02-2016, 01:46 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]OK. Did you tried to boot your system with Xeon?

No, I havent taken the chance to buy Xeon... I'm running stock bios, and I dont know if my mb supports xeon. No1 has been able to tell me yet
BIOS A16 has all needed microcode for all i3/i5/i7 & Xeons (LGA1156).
I will give an update when the X3460 arrives Wink
atm I'm just playing with the thought of OC it, but it's equipped with a Native Intel board!
Its working, ty for the tip Smile

But now my fan is running at max all the time...
(09-20-2016, 02:12 PM)Beleg Wrote: [ -> ]But now my fan is running at max all the time...
X3460 has TDP=95W and i5-650 - only 73W. Try to find a new good fan.
not sure if I rly need a new fan... I'm thinking about just overriding the std settings for the fan in bios, since I've monitored the temperatures with HWMonitor and I didnt see any difference of temperatures from the i5.

And I'm not sure if there is a 80mm 5pin dell cpu fan out there for 95w or more... (Got the 980 SFF case)
Pages: 1 2