Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request- Whitelist removal HP/Compaq Presario F712NR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HP/Compaq Presario F700
Model: F712NR
GR963UA#ABA
Phoenix Bios: F.1F
Vendor: HP
System board ID: 30D3
Windows 7 SP1 64bit

Original Wireless radio was a HP part# 441090-001, ....I think, problem was I got this laptop originally w/out a wireless in it.
got that info from a Softpaq info page for this model. Of course because it's me, the HP support part of site is down (as of 9/5/16 12:30 pm) so i cant get any specs or find what the original radio was. The radio I want to use in it DOES work in this laptop. I get the standard "104-No Support,please remove and restart". But i can put the card in it after windows 7 loads, and it gets recognized, installed and operates normally.... The weird aspect of this laptop is that sometimes, I can put any card in it, & I dont get the 104 error, but then windows also doesn't see the radio either.Wondering if i got P&P issues or a bad intermittent mini PCIe port???, updated bios to latest one for this model, set up bios to defaults, no help there.
the card I'm trying to use now is a Broadcom. 

BCM94311MCGP
sticker numbers:
FCC ID: QDS-BRCM1020
IC: 4324A-BRCM1020

I have around 30 or so loose, wireless cards (I'm in the repair biz), so if theres an easier one, I may have it.
Including a backup of the current bios, I used that universal backup tool to retrieve it.
Let me know if there is more information needed, or if there's already a modded bios for this particular F700 series laptop
thanks to all you guys, this site is awesome.
~Hw00d1
WoW, this one impossible or something??..lol
Im still trying to get into this one this morning after finally finding some time for it.