Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15IBR (Hopefully the correct forum)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm rather a noob with regards to the concept of BIOS, but I need to overclock my computer. I recognize the risk of overheating a laptop. I have an adequate non-stock cooling system. Please do not come here to tell me not to overclock my laptop. I can't overclock it via any conventional tools, eg, Intel XTU, MSI Afterburner, CPUFSB or anything else. I realize my only option (unless someone has another idea) to overclock my PC is through the BIOS. However modifying the processor is not an option in the BIOS of this particular laptop. I realize you probably need me to extract the BIOS and post a link for the download, but I don't know how to do this.

So in summary

1) How do I get the required files extracted?

and once I have a link for the required BIOS files

2) Can somebody mod it so that modifying the processor speed is possible through the BIOS?

(I posted this earlier in the wrong forum, so don't report me for spamming)
Hello texasseidel,

Unfortunately, I am not currently capable of performing overclocking mods. Have you tried SetPLL?

~Steven
I have not, I will look into it. Do you know anyone that is capable of doing that? And if not, can you teach me how to do it? I don't plan on being guided through my life by an Internet tutorial every time I [censored] up