Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire 5739G Bios unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, could someone unlock bios features for acer 5739g?
i have gforce 130m gt 1GB and play Battlefield 4, its little laggy but playable, i want to overclock my laptop a little.

here is link to bios:
bios acer aspire 5739g ver 3311

thank you.
Could you unlock virtualization option in bios of Acer Aspire 5739G version 3311? Also, if you can, unlock other available options that may be useful.

Download here:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...3430589874&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%205739G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_26#_ga=1.118974601.166071338.1475182933
Does these bios have any hidden option to change ram latancy?
Hello piratas & Donthink,

I did not find a RAM Latency setting in your BIOS image, but I will check for other unlockable settings.

~Steven
Hello piratas,

Your BIOS mod is complete! The archive with the modified BIOS image can be found at the bottom of this post.

I have unlocked the INTEL Menu. It has a host of useful settings, including AHCI and VT-x.

Precautions/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is good practice to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (md5file.com):
MD5: 00dbac3674acda30fd0f71a60db583df
SHA-1: 0f5c9186f51bb5f03816435f29854c7d27333a0a
Works Like a charm... After fighting Acer Winphlash64 error code -142 for half an hour (didn't wanna flash with phlash16 nomatter what I did either).

But I:
1. Flashed original 3311 from Acer website.
2. Dumped appdata temps (Seems they use somekind of user ID and 1.0.0.49 custom version of Winplash64 (for 64-bit Windows 7 SP1) at phlash.ini).
3. copied Modded Sml6397 bios.wph -> BIOS1.WPH (to both 32-bit/64-bit) paths.

Anyway, uploading whole thing to:

Filedropper (mirror): Acer 5739G Modded BIOS by Sml6397 With Winplash/64 v1.0.0.49 + correct phlash.ini
MP5: 25b943e3918d5bd04cdd982be5044b5d *Acer-crap-5739G-Modded.rar

BELOW advice quote:

Precautions/Disclaimers:

Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is good practice to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Still apply's......... MD5 / SHA1 from Sml6397 should be correct for BIOS1.WPH file.
Would be nice, if I could get tCL open to modify in BIOS so I could raise it from 7 to something like 8-9. Since SPDTool and none of the MemSet tools is capable of editing tCL (which is common as it's locked unlike rest of timings).

Also, if Steepstep in BIOS is Disabled(BIOS) it only unlocks the Speedstep, but you still have to disable it in system and raise the ratio back to max manually (of course, something like TrottleStop works and you can save it), but Windows power management doesn't have a clue and leaves it to x6 and not x7.5.
Acer 5739G Modded BIOS by Sml6397 With Winplash/64 v1.0.0.49 + correct phlash.ini
link does not work
i need it