Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [SOLVED] Sony Vaio VGN-AR630e - Compatibility with T7800 or T9500?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
No trouble at all regarding wifi; just figured I would ask! That's low priority anyway. And the news about the RAM is encouraging; I've got a compatible 4GB module in an old Gateway netbook, so I'll test it with that before I purchase any. Should I wait to talk to the whitelist guys until after we've nailed down the CPU?

Will get you the BIOS backup ASAP! Really appreciate all your help!
Whitelist removal should make after BIOS mod (if necessary).
Ok, so he tried loading the ZL1I3A10.WPH file from that zip archive. However, he got back an error message saying the driver has been blocked from loading. Error code 1275. Although the file that it says it can't load is PHLASHNT.SYS
What's his operating system? 32 or 64 bit OS?
Did he ran it with administrative rights?
64 bit OS, and yes, he did run with administrator privileges.
Windows 7, 8.1 or 10?
Did he used WinPhlash64?
Try to delete phlash.ini
He is using the 64 bit version, and he's running Windows 7 Professional X64
Try other version - Phoenix WinPhlash v1.7.16.0
Or use any LiveCD with Windows 32 bit.
Without BIOS backup I can't analyse CPU support.
I've found some interesting information:
(12-28-2010, 11:46 PM)hippotek Wrote: [ -> ]I have a VGN-AR760U ...
Sony has never published a firmware upgrade for the machine (version R2080J8) or any of the later AR series, so all I can provide as a starting point is the latest available AR bios upgrade in its original sony flavour and unpacked as well as the Backup of my bios and one backup of a slightly newer release I dug up online (R2090J8)...
(01-02-2011, 01:10 AM)hippotek Wrote: [ -> ]I manged to patch the backup bios .rom file with the platform information from an earlier bios... Integrated Slic 2.1 but still have no raid Sad
(02-09-2011, 02:19 AM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]This is modified BIOS image for Sony Vaio VGN-AR760U. It is based on BIOS R2080J8F which hippotek gave to me (R2080J8SLIC21.zip - see previous post). This mod was requested by hippotek in the other forum. I post the modified BIOS here in case anyone else who own the same notebook in this forum also looking for the same modified BIOS. Use it at your own risk.
Sony Vaio VGN-AR760U R2080J8F MOD R2.rar
(02-20-2011, 01:43 AM)Kessren Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all, 1st poster here. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR630E that I am trying to do some BIOS mod to turn on the VT-x option. The BIOS is Version R1050J8. Sony has no update for it as I have contacted Sony and was told flat out they don't have one. It would be nice to be able to see what all options there are in the BIOS. I am familiar with BIOS's but not Modifying them. My main reason for wanting this is to be able to run a Virtual Machine with support for several OS Systems. Thank you for all your help in advance.
(02-23-2011, 08:50 PM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]... You can find modified BIOS file for VGN-AR760U over here. I don't know whether it is compatible with your notebook or not but I found older BIOS for AR670 also R1050J8....
(02-23-2011, 10:23 PM)Kessren Wrote: [ -> ]I flashed the BIOS with the one you suggested and it seems to be working. I was able to enable the VT-x support. Thank you very much.

Kessren has the same laptop as you and flashed version (R2080J8) of BIOS has T9500 support! kizwan's mod has a microcode for CPUID=0x10676: version - 0x60C, date - 01/19/2008.
It's possible because VGN-AR760U has a blue motherboard MBX-176 Rev: 2.0, Sony M610. Almost the same as yours.
P.S. I've analysed some found dumps of BIOS your version (R1050J8). It hasn't native support T9500. But probably it can boot...
Interesting!

So even though the motherboard in the 700 series is different, the BIOS works just as well? Will providing the 630E's BIOS backup allow you to check these files and ensure compatibility? He's bringing the laptop over tonight, so we can settle this backup problem once and for all!
Pages: 1 2 3 4