Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [SOLVED] Sony Vaio VGN-AR630e - Compatibility with T7800 or T9500?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
These motherboards differ only revisions. Schematics almost the same.
[Image: M610.png]

I think that BIOS backup isn't necessary now.
Excellent. I've downloaded his mod, but WinPhlash is still refusing to cooperate, even with this new file. Neither program works. The 32 bit is giving me error 1275, saying it can't load PHLASHNY.SYS. The 64 bit version is giving me error -103. It says image file is either not valid or damaged. Platform Signature not found in the interface. In your investigation, did you see if the T7800 is natively supported? I'd love to get the T9500 running with this modded BIOS, but if WinPhlash keeps this Ship up, it might not be worth it. Let me know what you think.
T7800 is natively supported. But it's very hot!
Try to use any LiveCD with Windows 32 bit. Boot from it and flash kizwan's mod by WinPhlash (32 bit version).
Or flash it in native DOS by phlash16.
That makes sense. T9500 sounds like it's far more power and heat efficient, so I definitely want to go that route if possible. Are there instructions for either of these methods that you recommend over others. I'm not familiar with either. Thanks again!
Alright! We will give this a shot tomorrow and report back with results!
Was shopping for the T9500, and came across two seemingly different versions. Any idea what the difference is? CPUBoss didn't have an answer, and Intel's site didn't seem to either. Maybe I missed something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-2-Duo...SwInVXHegF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Intel-Core-2...xy7RBRXlnG
First has sSpec=Q9WW, it's an engineering sample. BIOS for MBX-176 don't support it, so don't buy it!
(10-18-2016, 06:48 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]First has sSpec=Q9WW, it's an engineering sample. BIOS for MBX-176 don't support it, so don't buy it!

Phew! Glad I checked! Thanks!
Apologies for the delay. My friend has been busy all week, but I'll be seeing him this weekend for his birthday. The T9500 arrived in the mail today, and I'll be giving him the upgrade as a gift! Looking forward to reporting back with results!
Pages: 1 2 3 4