Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Extract bios rom from installer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone!
This is my first  post on this community. The situation is this: 

I am in possession of a laptop, whose previous owner flashed a wrong bios resulting in the machine thinking it has a different chip than the one that it actually has, leading to the processor shutting down the laptop every 30 minutes. I do though have 2 installers (one containing the previous bios version which works fine, and one with the current version but the right one for the laptop ). The thing is that both installers dont let me flash due to being up-to-date. Subsequently this is why I am requesting help from your community. Moreover, if extraction is possible, which tool do you recommend me to use to flash?

I want to thank everyone in advance regardless if the problem will be fixed or not.

[attachment=11265]
(10-14-2016, 02:15 PM)Panteleimon Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone!
This is my first  post on this community. The situation is this: 

I am in possession of a laptop, whose previous owner flashed a wrong bios resulting in the machine thinking it has a different chip than the one that it actually has, leading to the processor shutting down the laptop every 30 minutes. I do though have 2 installers (one containing the previous bios version which works fine, and one with the current version but the right one for the laptop ). The thing is that both installers dont let me flash due to being up-to-date. Subsequently this is why I am requesting help from your community. Moreover, if extraction is possible, which tool do you recommend me to use to flash?

I want to thank everyone in advance regardless if the problem will be fixed or not.

what model your laptop?
Open exe-file in Hex-editor and find 1F 8B 08 00.
Remove all bytes before.
Rename it to .gz and unzip
P.S. It's Samsung, but find_gz can't proceed it.
(10-14-2016, 03:20 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]what model your laptop?

it is a samsung NP900X3D-A01UK
(10-14-2016, 05:30 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Open exe-file in Hex-editor and find 1F 8B 08 00.
Remove all bytes before.
Rename it to .gz and unzip
P.S. It's Samsung, but find_gz can't proceed it.

it gives me error when i try to extract it
(10-14-2016, 06:29 PM)Panteleimon Wrote: [ -> ]it gives me error when i try to extract it
What gives error? I use WinRAR to unzip after editing.
(10-15-2016, 02:32 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]What gives error? I use WinRAR to unzip after editing.

I used to try to extract it to my main machine which is ubuntu, now that i tried it on windows it worked. But, "1F 8B 08 00" exists many times in the file. How do I know which one to select and then delete everything before it? Moreover, the file that has been extracted with winrar has no extension.
(10-15-2016, 08:17 AM)Panteleimon Wrote: [ -> ]How do I know which one to select and then delete everything before it? Moreover, the file that has been extracted with winrar has no extension.
After finding an occurrence you can scroll slightly back to see a name (in Unicode) of compressed file. E.g. P10ABK.cap.gz for first occurrence in file ITEM_20131114_21268_WIN_P10ABK.exe
(10-15-2016, 10:40 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]After finding an occurrence you can scroll slightly back to see a name (in Unicode) of compressed file. E.g. P10ABK.cap.gz for first occurrence in file ITEM_20131114_21268_WIN_P10ABK.exe

I did it and when i am trying to flash with winphlash i get : "Corrupted interface descriptors in the new BIOS file. Part Table Signature not found in the Interface Error code: -161"
You need Phoenix UEFI Winflash.
Or extract all other files from *.exe
SBIOSIO32.sys
SBIOSIO64.sys
SFlash32.exe
SFlash64.exe
WinUpV01_10.exe
WinUpV10_ENE.exe
xmllite.dll
Pages: 1 2