Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Locked BIOS (unknown supervisor pass), ACER Aspire ES1-131 with InsydeH20 BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, a friend of mine brought me an ACER Aspire ES1-131 (N15Q3) a few days ago where some supervisor password was set and then incorrectly typed in three times, so the option to try again is grayed out. I don't know the context, but I suspect drunk user or a prank gone too far, I wouldn't know. I tried learning what to do with Google, but the issue is too complex for me.

Is there a way to make it unlocked again, either myself or by finding someone who can do it better, or has specific hardware? The computer is still on warranty, so taking it apart and removing the battery is something I would like to avoid (plus I've read it won't help at all with this computer). Also, if I told them what happened the warranty would probably go void. I didn't supply any pictures or extra data, because it is an unorthodox case and I don't know what would be helpful.

The computer has boot order set to USB first, then HDD, if that helps, but has trouble seeing the pendrive most of the times.

I know some things about computers, but mostly what happens after the BIOS loads, so please treat me as someone who doesn't know how to turn on the computer should you be willing to help :-). I can access BIOS using https://bios-pw.org/ , but that's about all I know how to do.

Thank you in advance for your help.

EDIT: Sorry if it's posted in a wrong spot, I thought it would be most fitting for my case.