Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS N56VJ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to get the bios .ROM file from the N56VJAS.203 file provided by Asus. The idea is to flash the Windbond 25Q64FVSIG chip with CH341A USB programmer. 

Attached N56VJAS.203

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Tube
(10-18-2016, 11:56 PM)drtube Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to get the bios .ROM file from the N56VJAS.203 file provided by Asus. The idea is to flash the Windbond 25Q64FVSIG chip with CH341A USB programmer. 

Attached N56VJAS.203

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Tube

Requirements:
AfuWin 3.05.04 > Download

Extracting AfuWin:
  1. Open up the zip file you just downloaded
  2. Extract its contents to a directory

Getting the rom:
  1. Open a command prompt as admin in the Afuwin folder you just extracted
  2. Type "AFUWINx64.exe backup.rom /O" (without quotes)
  3. Save the generated file somewhere safe
(10-19-2016, 06:18 AM)nnvt Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2016, 11:56 PM)drtube Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to get the bios .ROM file from the N56VJAS.203 file provided by Asus. The idea is to flash the Windbond 25Q64FVSIG chip with CH341A USB programmer. 

Attached N56VJAS.203

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Tube

Requirements:

Extracting AfuWin:

Getting the rom:

Thanks for the quick reply nnvt, but I think that the method you propose is when you have a working ASUS N56VJ.

The laptop that I have is with corrupted or blank bios memory, so I don't have anything else but the file N56VJAS.203 that Asus provides for BIOS update via WinFlash.

So, is there any way to get the exact bios rom file from N56VJAS.203? I opened this file with a HEX editor and found many strings that I remember seeing in the bios startup(When the computer was working ok..).

Regards,

DrTube
(10-19-2016, 10:09 AM)drtube Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2016, 06:18 AM)nnvt Wrote: [ -> ]

Attached N56VJAS.203

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Tube

Requirements:

Extracting AfuWin:

Getting the rom:

Thanks for the quick reply nnvt, but I think that the method you propose is when you have a working ASUS N56VJ.

The laptop that I have is with corrupted or blank bios memory, so I don't have anything else but the file N56VJAS.203 that Asus provides for BIOS update via WinFlash.

So, is there any way to get the exact bios rom file from N56VJAS.203? I opened this file with a HEX editor and found many strings that I remember seeing in the bios startup(When the computer was working ok..).

Regards,

DrTube

The .203 file can just be renamed to .rom however, the file might be too big (bios roms from the manufacturers website cannot be flashed by afuwin as they are too big, not sure about programming the chip with that rom though
I opened the N56VJAS.203 file with amibcp and it appears to be everything ok. But when I use that file to flash the memory with the CH341A the laptop does not turn on. Already tried the usb and home key recovery, didn't work.
Anybody knows what kind of edition is needed in order to make a .rom file from the .203 file? Thanks!

DrTube