Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Hp dv6-3150el bricked bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I really need your help. I installed a modded bios on my hp dv6-3150el notebook for disabling the onboard gpu and use only the dedicated gpu. This bios bricked my laptop, so I give it to assistance (not official hp) and they make the modded bios to start again. Then, I followed the guide to create a recovery usb and it worked. Laptop was back. Then, i tried another modded bios, and it worked for 5 mins and then black screen, no boot, fans at high speed. I switched the igpu off, so I can't see anything on the screen, but also via any other video port I can't see anything. Give it to assistance again but this time they cannot help. Now I have black screen, fans at full speed. Please I want my laptop back. What can I do?

Sorry for my english.
(10-28-2016, 12:11 PM)albyvar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I really need your help. I installed a modded bios on my hp dv6-3150el notebook for disabling the onboard gpu and use only the dedicated gpu. This bios bricked my laptop, so I give it to assistance (not official hp) and they make the modded bios to start again. Then, I followed the guide to create a recovery usb and it worked. Laptop was back. Then, i tried another modded bios, and it worked for 5 mins and then black screen, no boot, fans at high speed. I switched the igpu off, so I can't see anything on the screen, but also via any other video port I can't see anything. Give it to assistance again but this time they cannot help. Now I have black screen, fans at full speed. Please I want my laptop back. What can I do?

Sorry for my english.
 Hi albyvar. Are you sure that is a BIOS problem? If you remove all RAM memory, the sistem was blinking the light Caps Lock keyboard.

Assuming that you already have the .BIN file on your machine, use a EEPROM programmer to tip it over the chip.

If someone has a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC Core 2670QM with Bios i7- F.1C Insyde H20, and has .bin file, or original 017FC.BIN, helped me too much: sfrias1@gmail.com