Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe BIOS mod problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear sorry to bother you,
   I tried with MM Tool 3.22 to modify the 702 Beta BIOS of Asus P5LD2 Deluxe to add micro code for Core2Duo.

I do have two problems:
1) Despite I add new micro-code without changing the CPU, I obtain the error "CPU micro update error";
2) In general the procedure to add micro code data seems to be buggy with the tool MM tool 3.22. If take BIOS, add the micro code update and save it I can obtain bios-mod1.rom, if I re-do the same exact procedure and save it again I have bios-mod2.rom. But then If I execute binary compare of the two files they are different. Is this normal?

Would you recommend to use a different tool to add micro code updates for AMI BIOS?

I'm linking the link to original file: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock...e/0705.zip
My resulting BIOS has only the added microcode for Core2Duo done via MM tool 3.22.

thanks and kind regards
Andrew
1) Tell sSpec of your Core 2 Duo.
2) It's normal cause MMTool changes date&time in rom-file.
(11-11-2016, 01:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]1) Tell sSpec of your Core 2 Duo.
2) It's normal cause MMTool changes date&time in rom-file.

Hi DeathBringer,
   current CPU is a Pentium d 820, so please if possible do not remove its CPU microcodes.

The target CPU is a Core 2 Duo E7400 or Xeon X3210, these are the sSpec:
Core 2 7400 -> SLB9Y
Xeon X3210  -> SLACU

Sorry just to understand, why I'm unable to do it by my own? With MM tool seems to be a pretty trivial task.

Thanks and kind regards
Andrew
Did you received "CPU micro update error" on modded BIOS and native CPU (Pentium D 820)?
Yes exaclty.

I just followed this guide:

http://www.delidded.com/how-to-update-cp...-ami-bios/

I added the 3 microdes for Core 2 7400 with MMtool 3.22 (see attached images), but when booting with the modded BIOS with the Old CPU I got the error"CPU micro code update error". Luckily I can go on F1 and boot normally, but I would rather prefer to have this fixed before mounting the new CPU Core 2 or the new Xeon. Do I have to use another tool? Over the internet I found the MMtool 3.26, is this more recent and perhaps working a little better?

Or in case how would you solve this problem? I feel dumb...

Thanks
Try to delete two first microcodes (with CPUID 0x06F0 & 0x06F1) and to add only one - cpu0001067a_plat00000011_ver00000a0b_date20100928.bin
Do you think it would be possible to remove the last two (positions 14-15 ) and add the microcode that you are suggesting? I would like to avoid that in case of problems of loading the first microcodes the motherboard will be bricked.

In your experience what happens if all microcodes are lost? The system should be able to POST in any case or would it better if I prepare to apply BIOS emergency recovery procedure?

Thanks
Better delete two first microcodes. Cause it for engineering sample processors only.
Try my mod. After flashing enter in BIOS and do Load Defaults.
In most cases system without microcodes can boot up but can't load operating system.
Hi,
  I still have to test it because it is used on a PC which is connected to a projector and my kids would kill me if they are unable to see their favorites movies during the weekend...

The question is: how you did it? If I use MM tool I can delete the first two CPU microcodes, but when I insert the new one it will be put at the bottom of the list not on a specific position. Which is the trick?!?

Thanks, Andrew
Trick is "extract & insert" many times.
Did you tested my mod?
Pages: 1 2