Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: *.rom the same as *.wph ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,

i have to do a phoenix bios recovery. crisis needs a wph-file, my original bios is a rom-file. do i have to convert something or is it enough to change the extension?

regards
For CRISIS Recovery you can simply rename rom-file to wph-file.
ok, then it doesnt work correctly with my notebook

when i turn the notebook on, the accessing-led from my card reader is blinking around twenty times and then led is just shining and this doesnt stop

maybe it doenst work because i dont use a floppy drive. the bios file is 2mb, is there a way to do it with a floppy drive?
What is your laptop?
toshiba qosmio f50-11e

when i dont press FN+B before i start the laptop, the card reader doesnt start to blink, so i know that he is correctly identified by the laptop
Try to use usual usb stick.
Did you used correct name - bios.wph ?
Quote:Try to use usual usb stick.

i just have big ones, which i cant format with FAT, just FAT32

and my small one doesnt have a led, this sucksĀ  Dodgy

Quote:Did you used correct name - bios.wph ?

yes, when i rename it to bios_.wph i see that the access-led isnt blinking so much, so it reads the file i think

maybe its complettly dead and the recovery doesnt work for me...
I think the problem is a card reader.
Or too old version of PHLASH16. Try to find newer.
Try PHLASH16 from this zip:
PHLASH1A.EXE (v1.3.4.7)
PHLASH1B.EXE (v1.3.5.1)
PHLASH1C.EXE (v1.4.5.7)
PHLASH1D.EXE (v1.4.5.9a)
PHLASH1E.EXE (v1.6.0.2)
PHLASH1F.EXE (v1.6.1.9)
PHLASH1G.EXE (v1.6.4.2)
PHLASH1H.EXE (v1.6.5.4)
PHLASH1I.EXE (v1.6.7.0)
Try it by one. Rename to PHLASH16.EXE
with some versions its just blinking two times that the drive is recognized and with other ones the same like before: much more blinking and then led-flashing.

i will look if i can find a proper usb stick, but i think i will geht the same error with it.
Pages: 1 2