Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo 3000 N200 (0769)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to update CPU microcodes in BIOS but I can't do it by myself, the original BIOS is in the Attachment!
Do you need updating microcode for CPU upgrading?
Make & post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
P.S. EL10305A.ROM is 68ET37WW version of BIOS.
(11-11-2016, 10:29 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you need updating microcode for CPU upgrading?
Make & post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
P.S. EL10305A.ROM is 68ET37WW version of BIOS.
Your current BIOS already has microcode for your CPU with CPUID=0x6F4: version 0x26, date 03/12/2006.
What for you need updating microcode?
I would like to update it to the latest possible version because it, apparently this version, dont work good with the integrated graphics. I intended to update all option ROM's also but my knowledge on this matter is limited. So i need your help to accomplish what i started which is to update microcode, vga, lan, and sata controller fw.
Have you the file with newer microcode for your CPU? I think current BIOS has the latest.
Note that your CPU hasn't any integrated graphics, but GM965 chipset has.
P.S. You can upgrade to T9300 or T9500 without any problems with BIOS. Read Lenovo 3000 N100 and N200 Hardware Maintenance Manual
I found the latest cpu microcode file on the intel site, but i could not find the CPUID=0x6F4: version 0x26 with a newer date in the microcode.dat file. It is like it never existed?!
Usually Intel don't update microcode for engineering samples after official releases.
Asus use this version of microcode in it's laptops.
I've found microcode for CPUID=0x6F4: version 0x28, date 04/17/2006. One month later then current BIOS has.
It's latest version in Microcode Repository Database by plutomaniac.
Great! It might be helpfull, if it is any different than the 03/12/2006 one...
Pages: 1 2