Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: DELL Inspiron 518 & Xeon 5400 Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys. I'm at the end of my rope here trying to insert xeon microcodes in the Dell Inspiron 518's bios.

Ok to cap this off; I have installed the X5450 in the Inspiron 518, and the system boots and runs fine. The problem I am running into is the lack of SSE4.1, Compare Exchange128, and VT-X instructions.

To regain these instructions, I need to slip the Microcode into the bios and flash. I can not get the Dell.exe bios to give up the rom file. Which leads me to the bios guru's here. I have seen some amazing work from you guys so if you guys can't bag this one, I feel that this project will be going to the pooper lol.

Tonight when I get home from work I will put in more details that are required to work on the bios but for now here is some of the info that you guys require.

-bios link: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=R215480

-whats happens: The system lacks additional instructions common to lga 771 to 775 modification. Desperately need compare exchange128 for windows 10 upgrade

-screenshot from aida64>motherboard>cpuid
Working on providing screenshot from cpuz; Motherboard DG33M04; Cpu- X5450 - SLBBE - EO Stepping
-CPU spec code

As I said, tonight I will put in more info as you guys require.

Thanks guys.

**Edit**

Uploaded Pics from Aida64 for Motherboard & Bios.
What's your operating system now?
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0.
(03-23-2016, 11:31 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]What's your operating system now?
Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0.

Here we go. Took me a moment to get this stuff. I work late night and when I came home the kids where being terrible lol.

Attached are some of the pics I said I would get to you guys.
I've made BIOS mod for Dell Inspiron 518.
Please check.
(03-24-2016, 02:42 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I've made BIOS mod for Dell Inspiron 518.
Please check.

Hey DeathBringer. Upon running Win Flash as admin I receive an error. "Command line parameter incorrect".

Did you want to take a look at that or should I try to flash this some other way?

Also I forgot to tell you that I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Last night you asked and I failed to get back to you on that.

Thanks man for the work. You are rocking out these forums Smile
Try to pass name of bios as parameter of WinFlash.
(03-24-2016, 12:26 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to pass name of bios as parameter of WinFlash.

I'm not sure how to do that?
1. Unpack all files to c:\bios
2. Run cmd with admin rights.
3. Do in command line:
cd c:\bios
WinFlash 7C1D1P29.BIN
Confirmed working. You rock man!!!!!
Great news! Add [Solved] to header of this topic.
And please post new topic in Confirmed CPU Support Upgrades with attached BIOS mod.
Pages: 1 2 3