Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell D630 A19 Bios SLIC 2.1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have read around the internet but haven't found anything but broken links (I know my laptop is old)...

I've got a d630 with A19 bios, and would like to upgrade it to SLIC 2.1.  I know my laptop is rather out of date but it runs good.  A while ago it had the infamous nvidia motherboard issue, so I replaced it with the intel chipset version.  The new Mobo came with A19 bios.  So now I'd like to upgrade the processor to maybe an x9000 (if possible) or a t9500, install 8g of ram, and an SSD with a fresh install of windows 7 since vista is currently not supported anymore.

As far as upgrading to SLIC 2.1, I did find a download package on the internet that said it would flash my bios to A19 with SLIC 2.1, but it didn't do anything as far as I can tell.  Can anyone lead me in the right direction to upgrade to SLIC 2.1?  He's a screenshot of RW-Everything after the supposed A19-SLIC 2.1 upgrade.  See it still shows SLIC version 2.0.

Thanks for any info!!

[attachment=11420]

And here is the A19 SLIC 2.1 upgrade I tried...

[attachment=11421]