Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Microcode Request - Intel Xeon E5-2697 v4 (ES) on ASUS X99-A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am requesting a CPU microcode injection, if possible, to support my Intel Xeon E5-2697 v4 (ES) on an ASUS X99-A motherboard running AMI BIOS.

What I've done:
I updated BIOS using the USB BIOS Flashback (directly from USB without entering BIOS or DOS). This worked. The first time booting up, the computer checked hardware and cheerily stated that it installed the CPU (see below). I can enter UEFI BIOS from here with no issues. Unfortunately, once I save & exit UEFI BIOS, I am no longer able to POST and I get only a black screen with the computer still running. Restarting the PC results in the Motherboard Error LED displaying code 19.

[attachment=11436]

This means there is an issue with the CPU. I have checked for bent pins, adequate power, etc. I also had tried with an older BIOS, but no dice. I am fairly convinced this is a strict BIOS+Motherboard incompatibility with my Extra Spicy (Engineering Sample) CPU. ASUS supports the non-ES flavor of the same CPU: CPU support for Intel Xeon E5-2697 v4 according to ASUS.

I am new to BIOS modding. Is it possible to add microcode to the BIOS to support an ES model, or am I SOL (need to buy new motherboard)? Happy to answer questions, but remember I can't boot to an OS with this CPU/Motherboard yet. Here are technical details and thanks to those who read my post:

Bios : X99-A BIOS 3402
CPU Spec: QH26 (ES0)
Seller eBay page

Two relevant threads I'm aware of that did not yield answers: [1] [2]

Screenshot from CPU-Z (from seller):
[attachment=11434]

Screenshot from HWiNFO64 (from seller):
[attachment=11435]
Adding microcode doesn't add support for ES CPU.
X99-A BIOS 3402 already has microcode for CPIUD=0x406F0, version - 0x14, date - 07/02/2015.