Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: AMI BIOS & UEFI UPDATE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

We have a nice collections of identical machines utilizing the Pegatron IPXPV/DC/GB v1.01 Motherboard with an AMI BIOS from 2011.  Recently, our software requirement were changed and now all the units need to be upgraded to 64bits.  Since the BIOS doesn't presently support UEFI the installation of Windows 7 Pro 64bits crashed in the middle.  We tried to retrieve from a MFG image, install on another machine and migrate the drive over without drivers .... Nothing worked so far.  

Does anybody have a good work around, patch or hack for the present BIOS.  I have tried looking on the Pegatron site and to no avail.  I went directly to the OEM Manufacturer and they of course want to only sell us new machines so they claim no firmware update is available.  All my searches came up empty.  Is there a generic mod that I can apply or use ?  I even ventured into the MOD area but I have to admit, when I saw the source codes that people were posting, I knew I was in way over my head.  I can handle my own flashing firmware in DOS mode but that source code looked intimidating.  

Any suggestions would be much appreciated 

Ty