Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba Satellite A200 PSAF4A-00J009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone has a modified BIOS for this model. The latest is v2.50 on the Toshiba website under the discontinued model category. The Phoenix BIOS included with this model is pretty lame and doesn't offer many options. Also it is an x64 machine but only takes a max of 3GB RAM i.e. 1 x 2GB + 1 x 2GB SODIMMS. I'd like to put in more RAM for the obvious benefits. Can anyone help please?  Rolleyes
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Thanks mate. It has Kali on it at the moment and is (slowly) updating so I'll have to do this tomorrow if I get the chance. Is there a CPU-Z equivalent for Kali/Ubuntu? I will have to use that or somehow find a Windows PE OS to boot up on.
Try WinPE & CPU-Z.
Thanks, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Tried WinPE & CPU-Z as you suggested and it worked well. Here's the screenshots. Thanks.
Your laptop is based on GL960 chipset. This chipset officially support only 2Gb, unofficially - 3Gb. It can't address memory above 3Gb limit without errors. So you can use 2Gb (1+1) in dual-channel mode or 3 Gb (2+1) in single-channel mode.
It can't be solved by BIOS mod.
Thanks for that. Not much point in having an x64 system that can only address 3GB of RAM. Glad I didn't pay anything for it. Is there a modded BIOS for this that opens up other hidden settings?
(12-05-2016, 03:27 AM)Coconutdog Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a modded BIOS for this that opens up other hidden settings?
Wrong forum for it. This for already unlocked BIOS. Try Phoenix Unlocking Requests : https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...9#pid81429