Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Turbo Boost for Lenovo B590
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi! I own Lenovo B590 laptop. I want my laptop can support advanced settings BIOS. But I don't need to laptop can support ALL settings, I want you enable one function: Intel Turbo Boost Technology. As it is disabled by manufacture, as my motherboard revision can't support its function. I hope, that you can help me.
Sorry for my english Confused
Additional information:

Manufacture: Lenovo
Model: B590
Motherboard revicsion: 20208
BIOS revision: H5
If additional information/files is needed, I will provide it.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Make CPU-Z TXT Report and post "Thread dumps" section from it.
Sorry. Unfortunately, I can post screenshot on Sunday. I hope, you wait.
I can't help without these screenshots.
(12-13-2016, 03:59 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I can't help without these screenshots.

I added files.
38 bit of IA32_MISC_ENABLE (MSR with address 0x1A0) is zero. So Turbo Mode isn't disable by BIOS.
Simply Pentium 2020M doesn't support this feature (CPUID.06H: EAX[1]=0)).
I know, but I will change CPU , i will set more powerful CPU. Therefore, I need , that Turbo Boost will be enabled. Therefore, I need you help .
When you'll change CPU for new one, Turbo Boost will be enabled by default in this laptop.
I read, that one owner upgrated Pentium to Core i7. And Turbo Boost wasn't disabled by default.
"wasn't disabled" or "wasn't enabled"?
Did he used Load Defaults after CPU swap?
Pages: 1 2