Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: (Failed): Acer aspire 7750G with i7-2720qm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I  just installed an intel i7-2720qm in my acer aspire 7750G. Everything works fine except that when I run a OCCT cpu stress test, the cpu downclock itself to aprox. 1,9ghz. All four cores are running, everything seems stable, the speed just seem to be locked. The temperature only hits about 64°C which show that the cpu isn’t going to its full potential (My i5-2410m did normally go up to about 80°). The aspire 7750G did come with two AC adapter from factory, a 90W and a 120W, which  I believe was for dual cores and quad cores cpu. I just got a 120W ac adapter and I’m using it right now and it’s working fine. I’m also using stock acer bios v1.21

Does anybody have any possible solution to make the quad core i7-2720qm work normally on my laptop ?   

Thanks for any input.
You need unlocked BIOS to change Long Duration PWR Limit to 45W and Short Duration PWR Limit to 60W.
Nice thank you

I will try that and post back results.
(12-12-2016, 11:42 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]You need unlocked BIOS to change Long Duration PWR Limit to 45W and Short Duration PWR Limit to 60W.

ok so I did that set Long Duration PWR Limit to 45W and Short Duration PWR Limit to 60W and it didn't work.

Still locked to 1,9ghz

any more ideas ?
Ok so it seems like disabling p-state and c-state make it run at 2,2ghz. Still, it won't go into turbo mode.
Make and post screenshot of HWmonitor with full CPU load.
I made it runs at 2,7ghz with throttlestop.. Couldnt get past there like the turboboost multipliers were locked at the same of my factory cpu. I hit 85 celsius and saw almost no performance gain... So the old cpu is back in Sad

Too bad acer make it that difficult to upgrade.