Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Biostar TA790GX3 A2+ & Thuban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Biostar TA790GX3 A2+ im just looking to see if its possible to add E0 stepping to support Thuban chips like the 840T. Dont care about 6 core support, if its there great. 
Most recent file has been modded for C2/C3 stepping. You can get it at www.lejabeach.com/Biostar/TA790GX3A2+/
Did you tried to boot CPU with Thuban core?
(12-15-2016, 01:33 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Did you tried to boot CPU with Thuban core?

Comes in friday, i did not realize it was a different stepping...im worried it will not work.
Flash latest BIOS (A78DA928.BST) and try to boot new CPU.
(12-15-2016, 02:07 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Flash latest BIOS (A78DA928.BST) and try to boot new CPU.

Ok, ill update you on Friday.
(12-15-2016, 02:17 AM)ang1dust Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2016, 02:07 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Flash latest BIOS (A78DA928.BST) and try to boot new CPU.

Ok, ill update you on Friday.

It came in early. I dropped the Thuban in and i get CPU mismatch. Im going to try to revert back to the modified bios and see if it recognizes it but if theres a way anyone can add the E0 Thuban to this motherboard that would be awesome. I would even donate if successful.

I reverted back to a few bios, some wont post, both the most recent and the modded bios returns CPU mismatch which means unsupported. So my offer is still up if anyone can add E0 stepping to this bios. The modded c2/c3 bios is posted in OP
Well ive made an attempt at modifying my bios, the Thuban chip still posts (showing cpu mismatch system halt), but the original will not. So the Bios is corrupt and i am trying to reflash to an origina. I can only seem to get into the AMI recoevery with the Thuban cpu. It doesnt beep right away, i see the USB flash and after about a minute the audible beeps once. It will continue this for about 10 minutes before i loose hope and just turn it off and try a different approach. I never seem to get the 4 beeps mentioned in the original AMI recovery breakdown.

Any suggestions?

Btw the original cpu is not bad or anything, it works in my other system, it just wont post at all with it. Nor can i seem to get it into a recovery with it.
So i finally figured out what was wrong. My USB stick was formatted in NTFS, changed to fat default and it flashed like a charm. My original cpu is found. I will continue to attempt to add the 840T to the original Bios. If anyone else thinks they can do it, now that i know how to correct a corrupt bios , it wont matter if it corrupts.

Thanks if you help, either way Merry Christmas!
I need a photo of the screens with errors (when you tried to boot CPU with Thuban core).
What were versions of BIOS you tried to use?
(12-16-2016, 05:33 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I need a photo of the screens with errors (when you tried to boot CPU with Thuban core).
What were versions of BIOS you tried to use?

CPU Mismatch on all of them. I will say my progress on the last hour included learning i had to add the P6 Micor Code to the main section. I had only done that once so now im trying most of the ones i pulled again AND adding the P6 Micro code part. Other than that, just CPU mismatch. Ill get you a picture but thats all i get - system halted. 

Im looking for BIOS particularly made to support the 840T. Apparently i chose a semi difficult chip to add support for.