Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Msi x58 Pro-E - HP SLIC 2.1 & HP SLP 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jeremfg

Bought this motherboard and I'm waiting for it to arrive...

I need SLIC 2.1 in prevision of W7, but will only use it for Vista for now since SLIC 2.1 is backward compatible with 2.0...

Also, I'll probably be doing a dual boot, so I also need SLP 1.0 in it if possible...

And since you get your dirty hands on this bios, could you see if there's anything locked that could be unlocked (if useful)?

Here's the latest bios.

Thanks a lot!

Edit : Using MSI SLIC if possible...
Today , I learned something -
Quote:SLIC 2.1 is backward compatible with 2.0

Thank God For That!

Heres your bios with MSI 2.1 SLIC And Asus SLP

Flash it at your own risk!

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/747181/A75...susSLP.820

Regards

Administrator
(07-24-2009, 09:13 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Today , I learned something -
Quote:SLIC 2.1 is backward compatible with 2.0

Thank God For That!

Heres your bios with MSI 2.1 SLIC And Asus SLP

Flash it at your own risk!

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/747181/A75...susSLP.820

Regards

Administrator

Hello,
Windows 7 wont activate with this SLIC.
What xrm.ms most i use?
This one

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/747181/MSI.xrm-ms

If it doesnt work , then im afraid you will have to sit patiently till special windows 7 certs come out. However , quite a lot of people have reported success with the vista certificates. Shouldnt be long till the windows 7 certs are leaked though , as the OEM SLP Keys have been leaked nowand confirmed to be eworking

Regards
Admin

jeremfg

(07-29-2009, 04:18 AM)rheijden Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Windows 7 wont activate with this SLIC.
What xrm.ms most i use?

That was to be expected... Although the SLIC is available now, no cert have been made available yet for windows 7... We still have to wait for that... SLIC 2.1 can be used by both Vista and W7, but you still need the correct cert for the OS.

Think about it, on the microsoft point of view... It would be really stupid if someone who bought a Vista PC could freely install a legit copy of W7...

But with all the campaign "Buy a vista PC and get free W7 when it comes out..." forced PC manufacturers to sell PC with SLIC 2.1 already installed because they couldn't ask customers to flash their bios when the times comes...

This all explains why SLIC 2.1 is already available while W7 cert isn't (W7 hasn't been retailed yet, and those certs will be provided no later than October 22th)

In the meantime, you can always use the re-arm command!

Just my 2 cents reasoning...
Actually , the certs might come before October 22nd as oem's will be installing them onto new pc's along with the SLP keys for Windows 7 , which have been leaked already.

So the certs might leak , especially if someone develops another utility to dump the bios SLIC and certificate files!

Regards
Admin
It works.

Now actived.

Thanks.

jeremfg

Well, actually, I've just learned that a lot, if not most, Vista CERT for SLIC 2.0 also works for Windows 7 and SLIC 2.1....

It works as long as you use a Windows 7 OEM key, like the one that leaked from lenovo.

In other words, SLIC 2.1 + Vista CERT + W7 OEM Key works, at least most of the time...

I don't know why, because it seems a little stupid from Microsoft, but hey, if it works, we can't complain!... Or maybe it's due to the inner working of the thing that I don't really know much about.

However, it appears that the recently leaked lenovo OEM key will be blacklisted in coming WGA updated... It was leaked too soon, so we will have to wait for one that gets into many computers so it prevents M$ from blacklisting it!

P.S. I find it funny that although I'm the one who requested the mod, I'm not the first to use it and report back Tongue LOL! If all goes well, I'll be using it this evening or saturday... And of course, I'll report back

jeremfg

I know I'm later than I said...

Anyway, as my grandmother used to say, "Better late than never"...

I confirm it works with Windows 7! It activated correctly!