Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Vostro 34000 Unlock administrator password (ami bios)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i work for an small business that buy sell recycling especially computers Dell/HP core 2 duo, dual core and sometimes i3, i5i and i7
the problem is that no long ago the owner went to an auction, bid an won a lot 70 dell vostro 3400 i3.
(The lot came from florida international university)
but surprisingly when i start to test them, when I access the bios Setup it won't let me add, change, or modify boot order.
It just recognize the hard drive as a boot (no usb,network,cdrom) and it ask me for Administrator password if wanna make changes.
I call the university and they said that the sell was as and they don't give password to no one.

I called dell (and and after 3 hours and tell the history to 5 customer service) as a compliments they provide me 1 master password for 1 system and they say that systems are out of warranty.

So, i start to looking for bios utility, tools, sites, cd (like Hirens) and i hadn't luck at all.

I know that password can be disable when Dell shows on the setup 7 digit hash code followed for mix of 4 letter and numbers 
E.I  1234567-595B  ( D35B or D35B, or 2A7B, 1D3B, etc etc ) using a pwd-bios program or online is a site that provide the service free.

I don't know what else to do, matter of Fact i read a post, that using the bios program plus AFUDOS with some commands key
it might do something (hopefully change the setup). I did everything but as last the AFUDOS display a message :
-ERROR: BIOS is write-protected

Please any help?, or someone that is selling a program (that for real unlock it) ???

Thanks

Andykivo

This is what i tried to recreate ( from the post instruction that i was telling you)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:I figured this out. What I did...

Downloaded 3400_A10.exe from Dell and copied it to a DOS bootable USB stick. From DOS, run:

3400_A10.exe /writeromfile

This decompressed the bios ROM file (4mb) and wrote it to the USB drive.

I downloaded AFUDOS.exe from AMI, since the Vostro 3400 uses AMI BIOS. I booted from the USB drive again into DOS and ran:

AFUDOS.exe /P /X 3400_A10.ROM

/X tells AFUDOS to not check the BIOS for the correct model number. It flashed the BIOS, I rebooted, and the laptop is now working properly and shows the correct model in the BIOS setup and on the startup screen.