Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Inspiron 545 Bios Unlock Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Dell Inspiron 545 MT that has full Xeon support, however I'm running a Core 2 Quad Q9400 that is capable of 4.0GHz. Is it possible to add/unlock/unhide overclocking menus from this BIOS? I tried the Award Bios Editor but it's too old for this particular BIOS. I have the .bin file all extracted from the latest update. I saw another thread about this BIOS but the person who tested the modded version claimed it borked his PC and I don't want to go through that. I checked the modded version against my version and they have the same microcodes however something else must have happened to mess up his PC. Here's a link to my Dropbox with my latest BIOS.
dropbox.com/s/5yajwxuc9xivm8h/MY_BIOS.BIN?dl=1

In case I can't post links for some reason, I've also attached it to the forums.
Please in that bios file did you have Achi enabled and visualization in bios setup . ..I need this two thing in my bios ...im using dell inspiron 545 with a core 2 quad 8200 4mb cache
(03-03-2017, 05:57 PM)willsrockson Wrote: [ -> ]Please in that bios file did you have Achi enabled and visualization in bios setup . ..I need this two thing in my bios ...im using dell inspiron 545 with a core 2 quad 8200 4mb cache

AHCI has been enabled by default in the latest A10 bios from Dell. You can find another thread here by linuxfanatic  for the Xeon microcodes.