Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Unlock Bios 123B for Compal HEL80
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have a laptop with Compal HEL80 motherboard with Intel dual core chipset (Bios 123B of 24/08/2007) with Windows 10 Pro 64bit (in attachment).

I recently increasing RAM bringing it to 4GB (previously installed 3GB). The system recognizes installed 4GB but I can use only 3GB (even the bios "counts" 3072 MB) Dodgy .  How can I use all 4 GB installed?  Can I do this by unlocking hidden options from bios?

[attachment=11677][attachment=11677]

Thank you

Michael
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Make CPU-Z TXT Report and post a fragment from it beginning with "Description Host Bridge" ending with next "Description ".
Open Device Manager, click View at the top of the Device Manager window, click Resources by type, and then select Input/Output (IO). This should give you an output similar to the picture shown below
[Image: ioaddress.jpg]
Resize such window to show all information. Make and post a screenshot of it.
Here attachments Wink 

Thank you
I've already seen it.
Where is other requested information?
You're right, but now I'm writing with another PC.  Attachments I sent had saved them yesterday, to send you another screenshot that I have to wait until Tuesday to return at Compal PC... so I send you other information you have requested...

Thank you a lot for patience Blush

Michael
Hi DeathBringer,

I was able today to retrieve the information you had asked me... I saved in the attachments: 
1) TXT reports with descriptions of "Description Host Bridge" and I also put the TXT report with all (just in case). 
2) The screenshot of CPU that I didn't sent you yesterday. 
3) The screenshots from the Device Manager with input and output (are two files because I could not keep him in one piece).

Thank you

Michael
Your laptop uses 945PM with 32bit's PAE. So it can't address memory above 4GB.
In your laptop memory above 0xC0000000 address is used by internal devices. So only 3072 Mb are available. It can't be changed by any BIOS patches.
Ok, I see...  only need 4BG, not above... it can be overclocking?

Thank you
Try to ask somebody else for overclocking.
I told overclocking, but if there is another way to recognize those 4GB of memory for me is equally well. Any way is fine.... you know any way?
Pages: 1 2