Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlock the Sony Vaio Ux490N r0112n2 BIOS please...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I still love my Sony Vaio ux490n and I was wanting to know if anyone can help me please. I was wanting to know if y'all could unlock the lastest BIOS r0112n2 for my Sony Vaio ux?

Thank you
Hello kountry83,

Your BIOS mod is complete! The achieve with the modified BIOS image can be found at the bottom of this page.

I have unlocked the hidden INTEL Menu. There is a diverse plethora of settings in this menu (such as VT-x and AHCI). I have also unlocked a few new settings under the Advanced Menu.

Precautions/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is good practice to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash! 

HASH VERIFICATION (md5file.com):
MD5: 8358e3f1350331f876ee7d6d6da3fd79
SHA-1: 22f5e5bff472465d473223b90480267f405205e6

~Steven
Thank you so much for this I really appreciate it! I will post the results when I flash it soon.
Thanks again bud
Hey Steven
I tried flashing the modded BIOS with winphlash and phlash16. Error with the signature on both programs... I've never had issues with flashing BIOS. What am I doing wrong? I even tried to extract the BIOS update utility from Sony that updated me to the latest BIOS in the first place and I don't see the BIOS in the exe file to replace.

Please help me and thanks again
Brian
Hello kountry83,

Sorry for the delays.

I have extracted the Sony BIOS update utility into a folder and replaced the original .wph BIOS image with the modified BIOS .wph file. I made an archive out of the extracted files and attached it to this post. Try flashing the BIOS using those files.

~Steven
OK I extracted the file and ran under admin rights and it gives me. "Cannot load driver phlashnt.sys Please check your accounts, if you have no administrator privilege, please login again!
This driver has been blocked from loading Error code: 1275"

I am currently running Windows 7 x64 and I am currently on BIOS version R0112N2 Unmodified.
This is such a hassle lol. Why am I having so many problems?

Thanks again so much for helping me
Brian
Hello Brian,

Try following the instructions on this page (replacing winphlash.exe with your BIOS flashing program): https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-XP-...a-p/597545

~Steven
Well Steven that didn't work either...
I don't know. I've never had this much trouble with a BIOS flash. I tried the DEP program add. That didn't work.
But I can't seem to find the original winphlash for the vaio ux490n. When I extract the R0112N2, the BIOS setup utility from the Sony website the winphash.exe file is not in there. They must use a different protected approach now.
Thank you bud
Well good news I found a way to flash the modded BIOS and love it! One question though...Where is the AHCI mode in the BIOS to get full potential from my ssd. I already set intel-vt.

Thank you so much again
Brian
i know there is a unlocked bios for the UX-490N UK version but not the US version, the uk version was PHBSYS-01107321-UN.exe the US version is PHBSYS-01107321-US.exe, which i have attached.

whatever you can unlock from it will be great, i heard that the AHCI mode was possibly unlockable, also possibly external boot device options, like booting from the mini pci-e slot, speed caps unlocking stuff like that. i'm not really to much into the overclocking feature since the laptop is already slow

thanks up front
Pages: 1 2