Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Problem with advent 7201 Phoenix bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a rather old advent 7201 laptop, which has accepted windows 10 pro 32 bit, had to download a display adapter driver from ATI, but works fine. Then cloned to an SSD using true image, but when I fit the SSD into the laptop I get a bright gepreen screen with error messages.....

then tried fitting the SSD and installing windows 10 onto this from a DVD, got as far as the install process and got stuck at 0%

the BIOS is D3B11, but can't find much support for Advent drivers / bios , but found on a forum that drivers for the PL5C, on the mustek website are compatible....

is is there anything I need to do ? Previously added an SSD to several old PC's and laptops without problem...

Apparently if I set the AHCI in the bios this will allow an SSD to be used, but also told it will need to be a clean install, which isn't a problem....possibly the AHCI mode is in the supervisor section of the bios, but can't find how to access this....then thought I would backup the existing bios, tried several Phoenix utilities but could not find how to back up the bios....

So bit stuck at the moment.....any help please....