Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request to Unlock Phoenix Bios F.2E (HP SP48121.exe)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi. May I please request below linked HP bios to be unlocked particularly to allow switching of the graphics (ie. internal, discrete graphics). Any further advance setting unlocked is highly appreciated. I know this bios is already unlocked in other threads but not for the graphics switching. Again, thank you for the help.

Onnie

Rolleyes

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48121.exe
Hello Onni,

I will see what I can unlock.

~Steven
(01-18-2017, 02:56 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Onni,

I will see what I can unlock.

~Steven

Looking forward for that. Appreciate the help.
Hello Onni,

Your BIOS mod is complete. The modified BIOS archive can be found at the bottom of this post.

I have added the AHCI setting to the 'System Configuration' Menu. There were not very many menus available in this BIOS image for unlock. The TEMPLAT0.ROM module, which is the file that is modified to add settings, was very small compared to other BIOS images.

Precautions/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is good practice to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (md5file.com):
MD5: e54d994cedcbca333e3df151b8ad9d6e
SHA-1: 3a3fa567090b8ba39a0c22792ab7895c742ccb18
(01-18-2017, 10:17 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Onni,

Your BIOS mod is complete. The modified BIOS archive can be found at the bottom of this post.

I have added the AHCI setting to the 'System Configuration' Menu. There were not very many menus available in this BIOS image for unlock. The TEMPLAT0.ROM module, which is the file that is modified to add settings, was very small compared to other BIOS images.

Precautions/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is good practice to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

This bios is fine. Indeed there is no menu to change/ toggle the graphics. Its unfortunate there is no way to do that with this bios and I am stuck. Thanks man for the effort and appreciate it much. more power. Thanks again.
(01-18-2017, 11:39 PM)Onni Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2017, 10:17 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Onni,

Precautions/Disclaimers:

Have fun! Smile

This bios is fine. Indeed there is no menu to change/ toggle the graphics. Its unfortunate there is no way to do that with this bios and I am stuck. Thanks man for the effort and appreciate it much. more power. Thanks again.

But, particularly for the switching on/ off of internal graphics, is it really not possible with this bios?sorry for insisting.
Hello Onni,

I will check again for graphics settings. There weren't any pre-constructed graphics menus to simply add to existing menus. I can locate the individual settings one-by-one and link each of them to the System Configuration Menu.

~Steven
(01-19-2017, 12:25 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Onni,

I will check again for graphics settings. There weren't any pre-constructed graphics menus to simply add to existing menus. I can locate the individual settings one-by-one and link each of them to the System Configuration Menu.

~Steven
You shed life to me again. haha. thanks for trying.
Hi Steven. may I please ask the eta of the requested mod? Thanks a lot.
Hello Onni,

I will probably have the modifications done by Saturday or Sunday.

~Steven
Pages: 1 2 3