Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Bios compare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
Which program I have to use to compare two bios files?
Thank you
Hello almastriste,

Do you want to compare the two BIOS images directly to see if they are identical? Then, you would need to use a hex editor. I personally use HxD. It is free and works well. Open the program, press Ctrl+K on the keyboard and point the program to the two files you want to compare and it will give you a notification if they are identical.

If you want to compare two BIOS images to see how they differ, you will need to complete a few steps using three programs. The first step is to extract each BIOS file. Use PhoenixTool to extract Phoenix/Insyde/Dell BIOS images. You will need different programs for other BIOS types. The second step is to compare the two DUMP directories that PhoenixTool (or another program) creates. You can do this with WinMerge. It can compare two directories and tell you which files are identical and different compared to their counterparts. The third step is to use the hex editor to compare any files that WinMerge says are different.

If you need any help with these steps, just leave a reply here.

~Steven
(01-27-2017, 05:21 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello almastriste,

Do you want to compare the two BIOS images directly to see if they are identical? Then, you would need to use a hex editor. I personally use HxD. It is free and works well. Open the program, press Ctrl+K on the keyboard and point the program to the two files you want to compare and it will give you a notification if they are identical.

If you want to compare two BIOS images to see how they differ, you will need to complete a few steps using three programs. The first step is to extract each BIOS file. Use PhoenixTool to extract Phoenix/Insyde/Dell BIOS images. You will need different programs for other BIOS types. The second step is to compare the two DUMP directories that PhoenixTool (or another program) creates. You can do this with WinMerge. It can compare two directories and tell you which files are identical and different compared to their counterparts. The third step is to use the hex editor to compare any files that WinMerge says are different.

If you need any help with these steps, just leave a reply here.

~Steven
In case you want to compare driver or integrity a prog like uefi tool maybe helpful to compare the components of bios, but if you want to compare bit to bit then a hex editor needed like above...
(01-27-2017, 06:36 AM)almatriste Wrote: [ -> ]

If you need any help with these steps, just leaveĀ 
I want to clear bios password through HxD can u help please

~Steven
(06-12-2022, 02:31 PM)rmfaisal59 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2017, 06:36 AM)almatriste Wrote: [ -> ]

If you need any help with these steps, just leaveĀ 
I want to clear bios password through HxD can u help please

~Steven