Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Upgrade CPU Samsung R580
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi all guys,

so I have a Samsung r580-js01it with i3-330m, and i'm planning to upgrade my CPU with an i7-640m. Do you think that for this upgrade I need a modded bios, or it could work anyway with the original bios.
In case it needs a modded bios, could you help me with it? 

Thanks you
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
(01-09-2018, 08:30 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

thx for the reply. Below you can find the immages:

CPU specs

MOBO specs

Is it good if I've uploaded them on dropbox, because I can't do it with the dedicated option.

So what do you say about my pc? is it possible to do?

Thanks you in advice
No mod is required. Just update BIOS to newest official version.
(01-09-2018, 11:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]No mod is required. Just update BIOS to newest official version.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Now I'll order the new cpu. Cross fingers. Smile
Another question. If I would to unloock this bios, do you think I clould get any benefits, even with the new upcoming cpu? Usually which options are unlocked in these old bios?

Thanks you very much
Unlocking is offtopic in this section.
(01-09-2018, 11:47 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Unlocking is offtopic in this section.

ohh I'm sorry. 
I have another question. Just seen a strange think on cpu-z. It report that my mobo socket is PGA989, but my current i3-330m is for PGA988 sockets. How is this possible?
Does the PGA989 and PGA988 are the same socket? I'm a bit confused. Hope this is not OT.

Thanks you
It's normal. Sockets G1 & G2 has 989 holes, but CPUs has 988 pin only.
Then the i7-640m should be compatible with my socket? Sorry if I ask, but Just want to be sure at 100% before buying it.

Thanks you
yes
Pages: 1 2 3 4