Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP-Pavilion G6-1202SA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) remove AC jack, Main Battery, and CMOS Battery
2) remove HDD and all DIMMs
3) wait 10 mins
4) press and hold power button for 30 sec.
5) install new CPU
6) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only
7) inject AC jack (without Main Battery!)
8) press power button
I just came back home and saw your message. Will try that. Just to mention - when I inserted A6 and A8 CPU's before what happened was black screen and CapsLock flashing but A8 was getting hot after a while till auto shut down but A6 is running cool and not getting any temperature. Will try by your instructions now and update this post.

EDIT:

And just so we clear - I did all that before just without removing DIMM's but I'm gonna try anyway...nothing to loose here.
How many CapsLock flashing?
I've seen the service manual and got through all that. But with A6 its flashing endlessly and with A8 it's random. It will get hot ant just turn off.

EDIT:

A8 is still doing it's thing - fan on max, runs hot, screen blank (not even backlight gets on) and turns off randomly. Around 8 Caps flashes then 5 then after 3. Swapping for A6 again.

EDIT2:

A6 is still the same - Screen is blank like with A8, Caps flashing endlessly and it's running cold.

I rule both CPU's as dead and will await for delivery of another A6 (couldn't find another A8) and and I hope this time it will be a working one.
Pages: 1 2