Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: XEWxx214.FD unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New to this forum so hello all. 

Hoping my question is very straight forward. I have several Gateway NV53A and as most know Gateway and Acer share many motherboards. I have recently changed out several of the mobos which came from Ebay and also brought all the bios-es up to date. Up to date means Insydeh20 v2.14 and the file name is XEWxx214.fd. I found many references to XEWxx214.FD here and apparently this bios seems to be unlocked already by BDMaster. The problem is since these posts are all old the unlocked bios files in these post are deleted. I checked the bios mod repository but all mods seem to reference the computer make rather than the actual bios name (XEWxx214.FD) itself. Now I'm assuming that the Acer XEWxx214.FD is the same bios used on the NV53A, especially since I checked both of their websites and the update versions and their descriptions are identical????? 

Does anybody know how (BDMaster) to get a copy of the unlocked XEWxx214.FD??

www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Unlocked-Acer-Aspire-5552G-request
www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Unlocked-Acer-Aspire-5552-Bios

Thanks in advance
steve
I believe this post is in the wrong forum and should be moved to General Discussions. I can't seem to be able to delete it could an admin move it??? Or delete it and I will repost.

thanks
(02-04-2017, 03:01 PM)Hooutoo Wrote: [ -> ]New to this forum so hello all. 

Hoping my question is very straight forward. I have several Gateway NV53A and as most know Gateway and Acer share many motherboards. I have recently changed out several of the mobos which came from Ebay and also brought all the bios-es up to date. Up to date means Insydeh20 v2.14 and the file name is XEWxx214.fd. I found many references to XEWxx214.FD here and apparently this bios seems to be unlocked already by BDMaster. The problem is since these posts are all old the unlocked bios files in these post are deleted. I checked the bios mod repository but all mods seem to reference the computer make rather than the actual bios name (XEWxx214.FD) itself. Now I'm assuming that the Acer XEWxx214.FD is the same bios used on the NV53A, especially since I checked both of their websites and the update versions and their descriptions are identical????? 

Does anybody know how (BDMaster) to get a copy of the unlocked XEWxx214.FD??

www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Unlocked-Acer-Aspire-5552G-request
www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Unlocked-Acer-Aspire-5552-Bios

Thanks in advance
steve

Hi good Day.

I am new here, i just want to ask you if you have the modded bios you were asking for. I think that this modded bios works for Acer Aspire 5251 - 5252 - 5551 - G - 5552 - G - TM 5542 - G - PB EN TM81 - GW NV53A - eMachines E640. I have GW NV53A.

Would you be so kind to tell me if you have the BIOS and if possible send it to me or tell me where I can get it?

Thank you in advance.
Have a nice Day. 
Hi guys. Good day.

Just to tell you that this modded bios works on a Gateway NV53A. Gives advanced options.
https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Insyde%2F&download=A_A_5551_2.14_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe

The bios is in the BIOS repository from camiloml
https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Insyde%2F

Thank you for this camiloml.
Have good day all.