Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Amilo li1718 unlock 2gb ram limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How to unlock ram limit of this bios?

Y4B-190_SLIC_dyn.WPH    slic changed, installed bios was unable to open in phoenix bios editor, I flashed mb, and captured to:

Phoenix-V1.9.rom   Was able to open in editor (with errors)

AcpiTbls.rw  Createdd this one on working amilo with Y4B-190_SLIC_dyn.WPH installed   slic=2.1
Post screenshots of Mainboard & Memory & SPD tabs of CPU-Z.
Open Device Manager, click View at the top of the Device Manager window, click Resources by type, and then select Memory. This should give you an output similar to the picture shown below
[Image: MemoryMap_Enduro.jpg]
Resize such window to show all information. Make and post a screenshot of it.
P.S. It's wrong forum for it.
Thank you for fast reply.
[attachment=11903]

One more thing... I've changed original 32 bit CPU for Intel Core 2 Duo T7200, 200 MHz (12x167) Merom and installed 64 bit windows 7 that works great on this rig.
PAE is active... The hel* with writing, I'm sending you full AIDA report in attach too.

P.s.: Why the wrong forum? And what would be the right one?

More about the problem it self:

What I find strange it the fact that, as far as i can see, 4GB of ram should be supported by all the components (chipset, processor, OS), but ...

When I put in 4GB of ram (tested and working) laptop will not boot to bios at all.

With 1x500 MB + 1x2GB laptop boots to windows, but reports 1GB (2x500MB).

That stinks of bad bios settings that I cannot change, and would like to unlock. That's why I've posted here. I might be wrong though.
CPUZ report:
[attachment=11909][attachment=11910][attachment=11911]
The full report is in zip file attached.
Your laptop uses ATI RC410ME with 32bit's PAE. So it can't address memory above 4GB.
In your laptop memory above 0xC0000000 address is used by internal devices. So only 3072 Mb are available. It can't be changed by any BIOS patches.
To receive maximum memory you need a special configuration of SODIMMs.
Please make new screenshot of Device Manager with 512Mb+2Gb.
Does it boot with only one 2 GB SODIMM? Warning: all installations do without laptop battery and with unplugged AC-power cord.
Show photos of your 2 GB SODIMM. Have you any 1 Gb SODIMM DDR2?
P.S. Your 512 MB SODIMMs are HYMP564S64CP6-C4, they have 8 chips with 512 Mbits each.
P.S.S. I need TXT(!) CPU-Z report, because of HTML-version haven't all needed information. Make TXT report with 512Mb+2Gb.
Will try as soon as possible. I do not have all the ram needed at hand right now.
So far I have mannaged to get 500mb+1GB
Here's report:
[attachment=11949]

[attachment=11949]

With 2x1GB it does not boot.

1gb module is 800mhz... could not get 667.
Show photos of your 1 and 2 GB SODIMMs from two sides!
Here are my 512 MB - both [attachment=11976]           1GB modules [attachment=11977] and [attachment=11978]

2GB I've borrowed from a friend and it looked much like this (not 100%sure):                        [attachment=11979]
Try to use 1x1Gb+1x2Gb.
And make new TXT CPU-Z report.
Pages: 1 2