Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: USB Flash InsydeH2O on a bricked Lenovo Y570 with a broken screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I should probably buy a new computer, but I've had a great run with this laptop and just bought an EXP GDC and GTX 770 to use with it. I'd like to get another couple years from it as a desktop/media centre.

The screen has been shot for a while but I've been using it as a desktop connected to my TV. This went awry the other day when I had trouble installing my EXP GDC and decided to flash the bios to an unsupported version (which users on the internet, even on this site, have gotten to work with the same laptop model) in order to open an option to disable the onboard GPU and other options. Although I can't see what's going on, there was clearly a problem as I can't get my external HDMI or VGA displays to work. Formerly I could get the bios screen to display externally by plugging in the HDMI immediately *after* booting--(if it was already connected it would remain black until Windows 10 sign-in).

I've read a ton of things here and elsewhere but need some help.

Here's what I'd like to do:

- obtain InsydeH2O 47CN32WW (or 34) Bios 2.10/2.12 for Lenovo Y570--(i had 2.08 installed, and tried to flash a copy of 2.10 but failed). I want to update/unlock for increased access to options that will allow me to run my external GPU via a PCIe dock.

- create a bootable USB that will load the bios without requiring any menu navigation or complex keystrokes (because I can't view any display at all)

OR

Is there any way I can reset the bios to the old/factory working one? If I could see anythingI could just try again. The motherboard has no jumper or removable battery though, so I don't know what's possible here.

I saw this thread but the links are expired/restricted: https://bios-mods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9461

Really appreciative of anyone who can help! Thank you so much!