Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Help] Core i5 560m with Lenovo Y550P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I tried what you said. Didn't install ssd or dvdrw. Just 1 ram etc.. No luck. It's the same Sad

Maybe this 620m is broken. (maybe because of the slightly bent cpu pins..?) I will try at the computer shop tomorrow once again.
If you are sure about it's support, i will find a compatible 540m cpu. By the way, I'm still using your modded bios. It's no harm i think. With my 350m cpu it's running with no problem, i didn't need to install the original (only wwan whitelisted) bios.
I'm sure about CPU support.
My mod differs only in microcode for K0 stepping. Microcode for C2 stepping wasn't changed.
Thanks. You are sure than i will try again that 620m or another 620m or an compatible 540m. I'm obsessed with it. See you tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Edit: One last thing.. Tomorrow if i can fix 620m or find compatible 540m. Do a have to do that thing..? If i have to do it, i can do it without removing the bios battery right? My head will explode i'm going to bed Smile
(03-08-2017, 02:31 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure about CPU support.
My mod differs only in microcode for K0 stepping. Microcode for C2 stepping wasn't changed.

Hurray i5 540m SLBPG is fit this system right away! Finally.. I think (and you) i7 620m SLBPD is %100 compatible but that cpu should be broken & dead for sure.(?) I will take back this Cpu where i bought and shove it up his a**  Big Grin

You can delete this topic. Thanks a lot for your guidance!
Nice news!
I've make clean BIOS - 1ECN35WW(V5.09)
Please test it with K0 stepping.
Hi. Checked WORKS with your BIOS v5.09 !! CPU i5-560m K0 stepping. Thank you so much
Pages: 1 2 3 4