Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help Shuttle SX58J3 Xeon X5650 / 5670 Support please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

bought a Shuttle SX58J3 with an Socket 1366 Mainboard within.

An i7-930 runs fine with it but I wan't to upgrade to either an Xeon X5650 or an X5670, both processors I alreaday have bought... Tongue

With one of these Xeons the Shuttle won't start (no picture) and the fan of the graphic card runs at 100%. 

Back to the i7-930 all fine again, so most probably the Xeons are not supported by Bios.

Even I read somewhere that the Xeon X5650 has the same CPU-Microcode as the i7-980x and this one is officially supported since Bios Revision 3 and I already flashed the lastest Version 5, available here and also attached:

http://global.shuttle.com/news/productsD...uctId=1389

So long speech, if a pro here could upgrade the Bios - if possible - with the microcodes of the Xeons X5650 and / or X5670 that would be fantastic!!! Rolleyes 
Many thanks in Advance for Support/Feedback!

Greetings

Achim
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
(03-08-2017, 08:30 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
[Image: p10800170hkej.jpg]
[Image: p1080018nzk4h.jpg]

here we go.
Thanks
Achim
Your BIOS already has microcode for X5650 & X5670
But it seems that this motherboard isn't compatible with 2 links QPI.
Try to find Xeon 3600 series.
Thanks.

2 Questions:
I read somewhere that one has changed voltage to 1,35V before switching to an Xeon.
Could that maybe worth a try?

What is this?
(03-08-2017, 09:22 AM)Meisterbersi Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere that one has changed voltage to 1,35V before switching to an Xeon.
Could that maybe worth a try?
You can try it, but I think it will not help.
(03-08-2017, 09:22 AM)Meisterbersi Wrote: [ -> ]...2 links QPI.
What is this?
QPI - Intel QuickPath Interconnect.
Xeon 5600 series have 2 links, i7-980X and Xeon 3600 series have one link only.
You can try it, but I think it will not help.
Tried and it didn't helped...

This can't be solved with modified Bios I assume?
It can't be solved by BIOS modding.
For information:
Meisterbersi Wrote:I got myself now an x3680 - made a exchange with an i7-2600 k - but unfortunately this CPU also won't boot in the shuttle.
Same issue, no picture, fan of GPU spins at 100%.
Tried to make CMOS clear, and insert of only 1 Ram no luck...
DeathBringer Wrote:It's rather strange...
Try to flash Initial BIOS - SX58JSTD.100
Meisterbersi Wrote:I did as suggested a flashback to Initial Bios unfortunately also without success, no picture, fan at 100% percent with all 3 Xeons...
Hello, i have the same board.  Since it supports i7 -990 and i7 980 it should at leeast work with a Xeon W3670... only 1 QPI.
But it does not. so there ist definitely a lack of Microcodes.

Would a forced Bios-update with the Bios of the S7X58 H7 work? It is a different board but works ewith w an X Type Xeons?
Pages: 1 2