Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP A1640N : Older BIOS Available?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm running the a1640n with a Intel Xeon Quad L5320 (50w 1.86Ghz Quad) not to mention 4x 2GB = 8GB total ram : It might support 4x 4gb = 16GB total : have yet to test it.

Pretty awesome ancient system : also running AMD R9 290X.

Originally I had an issue where the fsb was 66 x 7 = 466mhz

Had someone fix the bios to 266 x 7 = 1866mhz and it fine.  However I have an issue with the system fan since it's a custom build. I guess if anyone still wanted to know how to fix this... Tether a jumper of the Yellow Sense of the CPU Fan wire to the Yellow Sense pin on the System Header which would fix the error.

The system fan header makes you press f1 to skip.  I'm looking for the advanced bios Key Combo on this bios.

Such a cool running CPU : bios idle temperature 19C.

Says Award Phoenix v3.17 and bios button is F1... I haven't figured out the Advanced Bios Key Combo yet?

I lost the modded bios for 266 x 7 for L5320... Maybe someone could also take a look and line up the 266 x 9 & 266 x 7 for Q6600 & L5320 as they both default to 66 x (*) multi.

I'll probably pickup a 2.67Ghz Quad for this system if you can line up the BIOS. HAHA Big Grin

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/...p35153.exe

Thanks