Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP HDX16-1370US BIOS whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do hackintosh and the card that is supplied by HP doesn't support MacOS at all, so I am forced to use the secondary PCIe slot for a secondary card (for some reason this slot is unlocked, despite some models of the HDX16 notebook coming with a designated device in that slot). This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for several reasons:
1) I have no place to place the antennas for the card (Had to use a separate pair of antennas)
2) I plan to eventually install an SSD in the slot occupied by the card and replacing the factory intel wifi card with a MacOS compatible card
3) I can replace the primary PCIe mini wifi card with another one supported by HP but I don't know what cards would be supported and I want guarantee that the card will work with the system, the only card I know of that could work with the system is an HP Atheros 9280.

I want at least a modded BIOS that will work for this notebook to disable whitelist in case new card doesn't work. I would use the secondary card as a primary but I cant because of BIOS lock and even if it did work, I wouldn't want to keep it in the system since its not dual band.

So I basically have two requests: a working non-whitelisted BIOS for the HDX16-1370US or a dual band card that works with both windows and MacOS and is not blocked by BIOS. If no BIOS exists or it is not possible to remove whitelist then a suggestion on a working card that matches my criteria would be nice. Thank you!