Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Bios password removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone. i`m sorry if it is not the right thread but could not find any more suitable. i`m having a Lenovo Yoga 13 20175 with password on BIOS and SSD drive. i got it from a pawn shop for a bargain. can you help me unlock it?

i have found a dump for the exact chip Winbond 25q64cv and flashed on it. i got it working but i still have the SSD locked and now the serial number and model name of the laptop are showing INVALID.

in the attachment are 3 files: LENOVO_ORIGINAL_66CN55WW.ROM (original bios from Lenovo Website), BACKUP_LOCKED.BIN (the bios that was on the laptop, locked with password and also password protected SSD) and the last one DUMP_FOUND_Yoga13.BIN (which i found after a google search).

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5ragvp

if there is a way to extract the passwords from the second file, that would be great. any help would be great appreciated!

many THANKS!!  Blush
(03-15-2017, 08:37 AM)madalin.vladescu Wrote: [ -> ]hello everyone. i`m sorry if it is not the right thread but could not find any more suitable. i`m having a Lenovo Yoga 13 20175 with password on BIOS and SSD drive. i got it from a pawn shop for a bargain. can you help me unlock it?

i have found a dump for the exact chip Winbond 25q64cv and flashed on it. i got it working but i still have the SSD locked and now the serial number and model name of the laptop are showing INVALID.

in the attachment are 3 files: LENOVO_ORIGINAL_66CN55WW.ROM (original bios from Lenovo Website), BACKUP_LOCKED.BIN (the bios that was on the laptop, locked with password and also password protected SSD) and the last one DUMP_FOUND_Yoga13.BIN (which i found after a google search).

if there is a way to extract the passwords from the second file, that would be great. any help would be great appreciated!

many THANKS!!  Blush
(03-16-2017, 03:28 AM)Alex12345 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2017, 08:37 AM)madalin.vladescu Wrote: [ -> ]hello everyone. i`m sorry if it is not the right thread but could not find any more suitable. i`m having a Lenovo Yoga 13 20175 with password on BIOS and SSD drive. i got it from a pawn shop for a bargain. can you help me unlock it?

many THANKS!!  Blush

Hi.
Your password is : s******i
Check PM .

B.R.
Alex12345
maaaany thanks. will try and report back.
(03-16-2017, 03:49 AM)Alex12345 Wrote: [ -> ]

many THANKS!!  Blush

Hi.
Your password is : s******i
Check PM .

B.R.
Alex12345

IT WORKED!! THANK YOU!!

many THANKS!!  Blush

Hi,

i also froget my Bios Passowrd.
My Laptop is a Lenovo E320.
Someone say to me, i should pull out the CMOS battery out and than will the Password deleted.
But it did not worked, it cause more Problem. now my WIFI is not working, it is showing in Windows but i can not turn it in(I dont have physical wifi Switch.

I´v  mad a backup from my Bios, thx in advance.

>>>>>Bios<<<<<
Hi.

You have to read dump (chip 25xxx) with SPI programmer only .
(04-18-2017, 03:37 AM)Alex12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

Hello,

so do I need my own dump from eeprom chip or can i use from google ?
(04-24-2017, 09:03 AM)usman_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2017, 03:37 AM)Alex12345 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

Hello,

so do I need my own dump from eeprom chip or can i use from google ?

Your own dump .
okay, thx.
and what about my wifi any suggestions?
because windows is recognizing it but i can't turn it on.
i dont have any physical wifi switch.
its a lenovo e320.
and are they any advance setting in my that can be unlocked ?