Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Solved] Intel DG41AN micro code update for Xeon (LGA771)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ask author of this mod.
But I think it's not universal and you will lost all specific data for your motherboard.
FSB 333 - works fine and stable.
FSB about 350 (overclocking) - sometimes when loading it gives an error 15h post card.
I think there is not enough power stability.

On the motherboard there is a double start (double inclusion).

this is normal?
Ask the manufacturer.
Hello, first of all I'm sorry. I have the DG41AN board. I got the Xeon L5430 processor. How do I change Bios? @DeathBringer
(01-11-2019, 04:26 AM)il86md Wrote: [ -> ]I want to install xeon E5440. How to make mod firmware for bios?
can i use firmware DG41AN_Xeon_E0.rom for xeon E5440?

I will put the fan on 65 watt copper.

(01-14-2019, 02:28 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]All OK. Now microcode is loaded by BIOS.

Hello! I want to install Xeon L5408 on my Intel DG41AN motherboard.

My processor has:
sSpec: SLBBT
Stepping: E0
CPUID: 1067A

I carefully read your correspondence with "il86md" user. (thread:  [Solved] Intel DG41AN micro code update for Xeon (LGA771) )
He wanted to install Xeon E5440 processor on the DG41AN motherboard.
My processor has the same parameters (Stepping, CPUID) so I did everything as you wrote in that forum thread.
You wrote: 
" Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files
for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Install your Xeon E5440, boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a
photo of the screen with results."

I did that - here is the photo (first picture). (the same thing appeared on my screen)
[attachment=17470]

second boot the same usb stick
(since the processor is 4-core, then all the information did not fit on the screen. I can show only part of the information)
[attachment=17471]

Further you wrote: "Now make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

And a screenshot of CPU-Z is needed."

Here's the CPU-Z picture.
[attachment=17472]

And Regedit picture #1
[attachment=17473]

regedit picture #2 with some translation in english
[attachment=17474]

what i did wrong? 

Also after loading windows the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit program refuses to work!

Please help!
(09-29-2019, 01:33 AM)bmp_nmb Wrote: [ -> ]regedit picture #2 with some translation in english
It's OK.
(09-29-2019, 01:33 AM)bmp_nmb Wrote: [ -> ]what i did wrong?
Nothing. All OK.
(09-29-2019, 01:33 AM)bmp_nmb Wrote: [ -> ]Also after loading windows the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit program refuses to work!
Ask Intel.
Thank you! 
If in the future I want to replace the processor with an Intel® Xeon® Processor L5240 (E0, SLBAY, 1067A), do I need to update the microcode again?

Update: I think trere is something wrong with the processor - vray-benchmark-4.10.07 did not started, corona-1.3-benchmark started but crushes after 12 minutes. 

Although the stress test in the AIDA64 program runs well for 30 minutes. CinebenchR20 test passed well also.

any suggestions?
You don't need to use CHECKUP7 again if stepping of new CPU will be the same with old previous one.
Ask authors of these tools.
Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7