Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ACER TravelMate 8472G BIOS for 2nd hdd Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried to learn how to modify the bios , used Phoenix Bios Editor Pro 2.2.6.0,but when rebuilding the bios have an error "FI2426 : P6UPDATE needs MCODEPTR definition. Add the command McodePtr -A:address to the script file"
then I have tried to use SYMCMOS to change the value in NVRAM, have no luck,when i want get report use command"SYSMCMOS -v2 -F -S" it show error "too many languages found".
who can tell me how to fix the error,or can tell me what's the token id can change for enable "SATA CONTROL SUB-MENU" and "SATA PORT 2" etc..
3nd,I have tried to use Phoenix SLIC Tool/Mod to decompress the BIOS,found the address of menu "SATA CONTROL SUB-MENU" in the file TEMPLAT00.ROM,change value with WINHEX,saved. then insert the modified file in the DUMP folder, encode with Phoenix SLIC Tool again.But nothing changed!
Need help,somebody can help me?
yes, I just success to modify the BIOS, after flash the BIOS, I see the menu of BIOS is changed, I have attive the menu of sata port 1,2,3,4, and enable all. But the same problem,when I use the hdd original and 2nd hdd in cd caddy , computer is freeze in black blank.
I think maybe I need to find the correct menu for enable the 2nd hdd in cd caddy.