Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Compaq DC5800: Xeon Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello there,

i desperate by trying to insert CPU-IDs for my "Xeon X3363 with Pinmod" in my HP Compaq DC5800 with Q33 Chipset.

The Problem is:
- Q33 Chipset only support 3xxx Xeons (according to www.delidded.com)
- i think it is no standard BIOS, it is specialized from HP only for this Board
- cbrom.exe doesnt work, i cant add CPUIDs into the BIOS.bin (i think cdrom.exe don´t work with Board-specialized BIOS.bin)
- read the existing CPUIDs is possible (with intelmicrocodelist.exe, look at the Picture)
- can someone help me or give a note?

Current Situation:
- newest Bios from HP Website is flashed (v1.60 from 2015)
- X3363 with PIN-mod is integrated
- Board starts wird RAM-check after full Bios reset
- the only thing you can do, is press F1 to "save changes"
- then the board try to restart - but screen stays black. fans go full speed ... after a second full bios reset, RAM check appears ... same again. Huh

I need help:
- is there a tool to "open" or "extract" or "add" the lost CPUID with the correct "PLAT" in my HP-BIOS?
- can someone try to add it? newest Bios file is in the attachment Angel
- i think with a hexeditor the problem is the Checksum and the unknown position, where to add ... of course this has to be 100% correct!

Nice greetings from germany  Shy
XC2z
Xc2z
This BIOS has proprietary format. It can't be edited by standard tools.
Updating microcode doesn't help.
maybe someone came across before or raised the topic. if so - share the link. There is an hp dc 5800 computer with an hp 2820h board on the q33 chipset. and xeon e5450 revision e0. when i try to start just a black screen. Can anyone tell me where to find the BIOS mod
Chipset Q33 doesn't support Xeon 5400 series.
(09-23-2019, 03:00 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Chipset Q33 doesn't support Xeon 5400 series.
Thank you for your understanding and your time! 
You have made a patch for the 786D BIOS Family "Almost all 65nm CPUs for LGA775 / 771" . Maybe you have already found the opportunity to patch these microcodes for 786F? I want to install the Xeon X3363.

It`s for "2820h" MoBo (HP Compaq dc5800 Microtower PC) : 786F2 BIOS and 786F microcodes .
https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/i...bc3f5a.jpg
kokos76
Tell sSpec of your Xeon.
I haven't bought it yet. I can buy either C0 (SLASC) or E0 (SLBC3).
You need to find Core 2 Duo and Xeon with the same CPUID.
The most powerful officially supported by dc5800 processor is Core 2 Quad Q9650 Processor (3.0-GHz, 12 MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz FSB). It have sSpec SLB8W, CPUID 1067A and stepping E0.
Xeon X3363 (4 core, 2.833 GHz, 12 MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz FSB) stepping E0 (SLBC3) also have CPUID 1067A. Therefore, I will have SLBC3.
No required CPUs - no help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5