Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Unlock CPU settings and other hidden settings for Lenovo j 3000 series BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I'm very new to this site and community so correct me if I mess up with anything.

I have refurbished an old Lenovo 3000 J series (7387A11) and would wish to have its BIOS unlocked.

The BIOS version is 2NKT26AUS and I used the universal bios backup tool to back it up as I could not find it online.
BIOS file can be found attached below.
The tool backed it up as a ROM file so i'm not sure if that is the correct format or if it has to be .bin.

As I said before I am new to this forum and site so if I did anything incorrectly please tell me!
EDIT: Also if you need more information about BIOS I can provide it.
So I decided to go see if I could mod the BIOS myself just to see how it works and from what I have figured out, not all BIOS have hidden menus as I could not find anything related to overclocking or anything else after reading a tutorial. So i'm not sure if my BIOS truly has a hidden menu/option so I'm wondering if anyone has encountered something like this before.
Hi, I' ve open your backup file with phoenix bios editor, saw an Advanced menu there in setup table. but sorry for that I don't have the knowledge about unlock the bios menu.
(04-18-2017, 07:33 AM)WiDef Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I' ve open your backup file with phoenix bios editor, saw an Advanced menu there in setup table. but sorry for that I don't have the knowledge about unlock the bios menu.

Thanks for trying Smile . I do have access to the advanced tab; I just need to see if there are any hidden options, though that may require changing the data using a hex-editor.
UPDATE!!!!!!
Turns out that the BIOS does contain overclocking options. I found some from looking at the strings in PBE. Unfortunately I can't figure out how I'm suppose to unlock them and they don't seem to be a part of the "advanced" tab. I will continue trying to see what I can find though I might need help from someone who is better at BIOS modding. I just started like a week ago :p.
Another update!
I have found many settings related to CPU overclocking and I am slowly unlocking them using a HEX editor. It will take some time, however I have unlocked one submenu so far. If I am able to unlock everything, I will upload it to the Phoenix BIOS unlocked thread. Smile