Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: MS-7728 Ivy Bridge update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Try:
fpt -me -d me.bin
and
fpt -desc -d desc.bin
(05-21-2018, 08:13 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try:
fpt -me -d me.bin
and
fpt -desc -d desc.bin

fpt -me -d me.bin Gave me same error as before. (dos3.jpg)

fpt -desc -d desc.bin Was successful (dos4.jpg)

i have attached desc.bin
Copy \Intel ME System Tools v7 r2\MEInfo\DOS\MEInfo.exe and run it.
Show the result.
i uploaded (dos5.jpg)
i also couldnt figure out how to either increase the number of lines on screen or back scroll, so something might be missing.
Good. I need time to analyze all this information.
Ofcourse Smile
I tried to run meinfo in win 10.
The output is in (meinfowin64.jpg)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n3HzOG...XfDsfTrPdR

I hope it can be of any help Smile
This motherboard (MS-7728) has some revisions and three different types of BIOS:
  1. bio7728.exe, ROM ID = E7728209, filename - E7728MLN.209, ME version = 7.0.10.1203, Ivy Bridge support - no, 4MB BIOS chip with 2MB BIOS region
  2. bio7728v3.exe, ROM ID = 1APTC018, filename - E7728MLN.30G, ME version = 8.x.x.x, Ivy Bridge support - yes, 8MB BIOS chip with 3MB BIOS region
  3. bio7728w8.exe, ROM ID = M7728023, filename - M7728W08.40E, ME version = 8.x.x.x, Ivy Bridge support - yes, 8MB BIOS chip 3MB BIOS region
Your motherboard has 4MB BIOS chip with 2MB BIOS region, I don't know any simple method to add support for Ivy Bridge core.
Adding microcode doesn't add support for new CPUs.
Okay.
by judging from the evidence i could find.
the v2 pcb is the final and the other models are just populated with whatever components are needed, for that exact prebuilt model.
therefor i assume, i could be able to switch the bios chip out with a 8mb one with Intel me 8.x.x.x (thats where the CPU support lies, right?)

The 2 questions i have is, where would i get hold of those rom files. EDIT DIDNT SEE THE LINKS AT FIRST
And is it critical that the chip is a specific one, or would any winbond 8mb do?
Btw i do have at 25Q64FVA1Q at hand which i could solder to the board.
also could i use and usbasp to flash the chip via the spi header?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5