Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: How can I write Bios from another revision of motherboard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I have a big problem with Samsung NP300E5X-A07RU.
Native bios: P05RAC
Recently I installed Ubuntu causes corruption to the NVRAM, preventing access to BIOS. Than in service i asked to reflash bios through programmer and they did it. But they flashed Bios from another revision of my motherboard (rev. 1.2, BIOS P03RAQ, but my revision is 1.0) and now I have P09RAQ (after update), but its work with issues. I want to flash original Bios P07RAC. But how can I do this without programmer? 

WinFlash with options /v /cs /sd /sv /svs leads to Error: "Bios cheksum error. Fail to verify the checksum in [SystemFormBrowserDxe.efi]. Fail: Flash Bios is not compatible with this product!".

Could anyone help me please with advice? Can I execute PHLASH16 with /S /X /FORCE ?
(04-29-2017, 10:58 AM)Tregub Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

I have a big problem with Samsung NP300E5X-A07RU.
Native bios: P05RAC
Recently I installed Ubuntu causes corruption to the NVRAM, preventing access to BIOS. Than in service i asked to reflash bios through programmer and they did it. But they flashed Bios from another revision of my motherboard (rev. 1.2, BIOS P03RAQ, but my revision is 1.0) and now I have P09RAQ (after update), but its work with issues. I want to flash original Bios P07RAC. But how can I do this without programmer? 

WinFlash with options /v /cs /sd /sv /svs leads to Error: "Bios cheksum error. Fail to verify the checksum in [SystemFormBrowserDxe.efi]. Fail: Flash Bios is not compatible with this product!".

Could anyone help me please with advice? Can I execute PHLASH16 with /S /X /FORCE ?

If you have a P07RAC dump BIN file you can use Intel FPT to flash, what is the issues with P09RAC? Please PM me as I will forget to monitor this thread as I'm busy student
(04-29-2017, 08:43 PM)LosSantosPro Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a P07RAC dump BIN file you can use Intel FPT to flash, what is the issues with P09RAC? Please PM me as I will forget to monitor this thread as I'm busy student

Could you please tell me how can I write BIN file through Intel FPT? I have BIN dump of P05RAC version.  
I was wrong about the issues with P09RAQ, it was OS failure. But anyway it does not matter. I want to flash original bios into my laptop.
Did you use Intel FPT yourself on Samsung laptop?