Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: D2778-B14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Help, I have a Fujitsu Celsius m470-power with a D2778-B14 motherboard. I want to upgrade to a Xeon x5670 but the documentation shows support only for D2778-Cxx motherboards. Is there anything that can be done so that I can upgrade CPU? If any additional information is needed I will be more than happy to supply it. Thanks so much!!!
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
Have you X5670 now?
(05-06-2017, 10:20 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
Have you X5670 now?

OK, i will get the screenshots for you and no i dont have the x5670 yet, i wanted to see if the motherboard would support it first. in the manual it says the D778-Cxx revision can support it, and i thought one of the great people on this site could modify something to integrate support
screenshots
Update to latest version of BIOS - 6.00.1.21 (18/08/2011).
And make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0
Do I need to be in Windows to do that?
You can use other tool for Linux. But I don't know name of it.
(05-14-2017, 07:24 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Update to latest version of BIOS -  6.00.1.21 (18/08/2011).
And make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0

ok, updated to latest and here is the backup
Sorry, I can't help you.
You can't help me? Or it can't be done? Either way I appreciate the time and effort you have spent on this?
Pages: 1 2